Chapter 3 - A Dragon's Flame

A dragon was standing in front of me. Not just any dragon either, the dragon from my dreams, the ones that have been plaguing me with curiosity for months on end. What do I do? I laugh, like a crazy person. The dragon whipped around faster than something that size should, then reared his head back in surprise, as if he recognized me.

                “Soooo,” I drawled, looking up at him, meeting a pair of eyes as violet as my left one. Hmm, curious. “You’ve been the one intruding into my dreams, eh? Well, it was fun and all, until I woke up WITH A DAMN TATTOO!” I screamed the last part, lifting the right side of my tank top up and pointing to the dragon that now resided on my skin. A humorous glint entered his eyes, so alike to my own that it was frightening. “Well? Are you going to change and explain this to me?” I questioned him, both wanting an explanation and curious to finally see what his human form looked like after so many months of waking before that was possible.

                It occurred to me that I was taking this quite well for someone who would’ve called you crazy if they told me they talked to a shape shifting dragon earlier that day. But his mark marred my skin, and I knew that I hadn’t placed it there myself, so this was the only reliable, but crazy, explanation I had. The dragon looked at me, seeming as if he was contemplating weather or not he should change in front of me, and then nodded once. He started spinning his head around in circles, causing me to wonder if he was all there in the head. He sighed, which I didn’t think was possible for a dragon, but boy was I wrong.

                The dragon lifted one giant foot, then nudged me a little. I frowned, not understanding what he wanted me to do. Rolling his eyes, he gently forced me to turn around, and it dawned on me that obviously he would be naked when he changed back. I blushed, wondering why I hadn’t thought of this beforehand. Maybe that’s why he never let me see him in my dreams? Was he shy, or just protecting my “virgin” eyes? I scoffed to myself. Just because I was seventeen and never been kissed, doesn’t mean I hadn’t seen a guy naked.

                I blushed, remembering the day that Layton had made me watch porn without me realizing what it was at first….

                (Last year)

                “Close you’re yes and don’t open them until I tell you, got it?” Layton asked, and I nodded. “Oh, and you have to pinky swear that you’ll watch the entire thing, no matter what!” She said sternly and I laughed, holding my pinky out. I felt her pinky wrap around mine and she shook our hands once, signaling that the promise was a done deal. “You’re in for it now.” Lay muttered, and that was when I began to worry. It was no secret that Layton was a little on the weird side, and sometimes I seriously wondered if she was a tad crazy.

                That’s when the cheesy music started. I laughed. “Geese Lynnie, what is this, cheap porn?” I laughed some more, while Layton chuckled knowingly. A few seconds later she told me to open my eyes, and I almost screamed when I looked at her TV screen.  It was cheap porn! Horrified, I looked over at Layton, and she was holding her stomach, laughing a silent laugh, tears streaming down her face. “You can’t be serious Lynnie! There’s no way in hell I’m watching this!” I told her, panicked. She just smiled her devil may care smile, and raised her eyebrows.

                “Oh yes you are, Ash, you even pinky swore on it, and you know that if you ever break a pinky swear I’ll make you do something terrible.” Layton told me, smirking when I whimpered. It was going to be a long night, I thought to myself, turning back to glare at her television and endure an hour of hell.

                (Present day)

                I was laughing to myself at the memory, remembering how freaked out and angry I had been, when truthfully it wasn’t even as bad as I thought it was going to be. Ah, my younger days. Even if it had only been a year, I had changed quite a lot. I shook my head, a small smile on my lips.