Chapter 4 - Skipping Along

Hey guys!

I'm not gonna lie, this is totally a filler chapter :O

Sorry!! Next one should be interesting, or so I hope

Thanks for reading(: and here's some squiggly lines :P

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                    “Ashlyn Marie Jones. Where have you been?!” I sighed. Layton was standing in my living room, hands on her hips, and glaring at me. My mom was sitting on the chair trying her hardest not to laugh as I was scolded by my best friend. I rolled my eyes, and Layton’s narrowed even more. “Don’t roll your eyes at me! As your best friend it is my duty to know where you are! You didn’t even answer my texts or my calls! Do you know how worried I was? I thought you were dead!” She yelled, throwing her hands up. I couldn’t help it anymore, and joined in on my mom’s laughter. After a few seconds, Layton joined us, and we sat there for a good five minutes just laughing about the scene we had all witnessed and partook in.

                Sobering up, Layton looked at me, then pointed upstairs, where my bedroom was located. I rolled my eyes and nodded. My mom, noticing our silent exchange, spoke up.

                “Yes, Layton, you can stay the night.” Mom stated with a little chuckle. I smiled thankfully to her and stood up. Giving my mom a kiss on the cheek, I grabbed Layton’s hand, remembering that Talon had never explained the curious flames when I had grabbed his, and headed upstairs to my room. The second I got to my room I went over to my mirror, lifting up my shirt to get a better look at the mark Talon had placed on my sin. It was quite the exquisite mark, and I was actually starting to like it. It was beautiful, but it came nowhere close to how  Talon looked. Talon was a massive dragon, six stories tall, black as the night sky with a large white scar on his forearm, large terrifying claws, with beautiful dark wings. His back was covered in spikes, although they split at the base of his neck to follow his shoulder blades, then met back up again to follow his spine, all the way down his massive tail. His dragon’s eyes were the same curios shade of violet as her own left eye, which she still found strange.

                “Hellooooo?? Earth to Ashlyn?” I snapped out of my inner thoughts to find Layton standing in front of me, waving her hand in front of my face. She bopped me on the forehead when I just looked at her, which snapped me out of my little trance-like state.

                “Oye! What was that for?” I asked, slightly annoyed that she had hit me.

                “Uh duh! I’ve been trying to get your attention for, like, the past five minutes and you’ve just been sitting there, staring at that tattoo on your side, with this look like you’re staring at an attractive guy. What the hell man?” Layton asked me incredulously. I blushed, embarrassed that I’d been caught basically drooling over Talon. Not even his human form, which would have been understandable, but his dragon form. I sighed.

                “Sorry Lynnie. It’s just been a long day, ya know? I just want to go to sleep, get up, and go to school tomorrow and just act like everything’s normal. Can your interrogation hold off until then? I’ll even let you ride with me tomorrow.” I told her, trying to bribe her with my busa. Thankfully it worked, and as I dropped into bed, all I could think about was Talon’s cheeky smile as I drifted into a dream.

                We were in the field again, only this time it was different. This time, Talon was in human form so that I was able to talk to him. He smiled at me, and I felt something akin to butterflies flutter in my stomach. I blushed, and he let out a small chuckle, then walked over to sit beside me.