Chapter 9 - Kisses Lead To Screams

A Note From The Author:

Hello world! I'm still alive! Life's been stressful lately, and i haven't had a single free second D: but I did write a chapter, even if it seems a little fast paced. This chapter has to be that way so that I can get this story to the point where it needs to be before all the real action, romance, and adventure begins. I haven't done a final edit on this, so please don't eat me alive. Feel free to leave me messages/comments regaurding anything to do with the story, i.e. where it should go, concerns, confusions, ideas, character reviews. Whatever you deam helpful, I'm willing to take in and revise! Thanks and sorry for the wait! From now on things will be back on track, but I'll probably post on the weekends instead of Tuesdays. Thanks and Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

            (Talon’s P.O.V)

                Bright lights blossomed behind my eyelids as I wrapped my arms around Ashlyn and pulled her closer, kissing her fiercely. Feelings, both mine and Ashlyn’s, swirled through me, making me feel high on a drug. I loved it. Hell, I loved her. Nothing could ruin this, ever. Ashlyn pulled away slowly, and I opened my eyes, my crystal blue ones gazing into her unique, beautiful violet and blue eyes. She brought her hand up to her mouth and touched her lips slightly, a soft smile resting against her fingertips.

                “Talon… Wow I just, that was my first kiss, and I don’t know what” Ashlyn started, but was cut off by a loud vibrating boom.

                The same sound a dragon’s wings make in the air. Panicked, I looked up to see crimson red descending on us fast. I rushed my change, not even bothering to take my clothes off, and soon I was my large black beast. Just as I was about to get my claws around my Flame, the crimson devil scooped her up and kept flying, causing a furious roar to escape my maw. Ashlyn’s scream of terror only intensified my anger as I sprung up in the air speeding after her, when I just stopped. I couldn’t move my wings and was just suspended in midair. Frustrated I roared, spitting flames after the theft of my heart. I cast my glance downwards, only to see Selene looking up at me, hands held out and a pained expression on her face.

                “Talon!!!!! Help! Where are you? This is the dragon from my nightmares!” Ashlyn’s scared voice reverberated throughout my skull, and I keened in sorrow that I couldn’t go after her.

                “Your mother has me locked in some spell, I can’t move. Baby I’ll find you, I promise. You are my heart, my Flame. I will not rest until you’re by my side again, I swear it.” I told her fiercely, a tear slipping down my cheek as I watched her disappear.

                “Talon I” Ashlyn’s voice faded out as she got farther away, becoming a tiny spot on the horizon.

(3 months later, Talon, first person)

I didn’t know what else to do. We’ve been looking for three months. Three months without a single trace of Ashlyn, my Flame. My heart had long since shattered at the loss of her. Layton and I had grown to become friends, but I was concerned with her parent’s occupation, for I feared they may be supernatural hunters. Selene had cast finding spells and sensing spells, but Ashlyn was nowhere near, and we had started to fear she was no longer in the U.S. The asshole that had the audacity to steal my Flame was in for it, because not only did he anger me, but he also broke ancient Draco Laws.

“Talon, sweaty, we will find her, I promise. There’s nothing anyone can do to stop us.” Selene said, taking my hand and giving it a gentle squeeze, before staring out into the horizon with me, wondering when we were going to find her; if we were going to find her.