Chapter 7 - What's Going On Here?!

I stared at Talon, then my mom, and back again. I was shocked. Why hadn't anybody told me this earlier?! My mind was a pot full of questions that needed answers, but I didn't want to deal with Talon's smart ass comments about it. So instead, I just sighed and nodded. Talon looked shocked.

"That's it? No bombardment of questions?" He seemed bewildered. I just smiled at him and shook my head. I was actually pretty tired, and when I relayed this, Talon frowned. "That's odd. You shouldn't be tired. You slept for almost two hours in the middle of the afternoon." Talon's frown deepened, and then I blacked out.

(vision/dream)

Here I was again. Same field I'm always in. I bet if I turn around, Talon will be there. I grinned, and turned around, ready to pounce on his back, only to see a dragon. It wasn't my dragon either. This one actually instilled fear into me. He was a deep maroon and when he turned around, his eyes were my undoing. They were a deep, blood red. I screamed, so loud that I was pretty sure I would shatter my own ear drums. Faster than I could process, the dragon had shifted, and a man with white blonde hair and green eyes. If I looked close enough, I could make out the specks of red in his eyes. I screamed again, and he slammed his hand over my mouth, pushing me into a tree.

"So. You're Talon's little Flame. Do you think he'd be sad if I snuffed you out early? Because I would be more than happy to do that, my dear." The man purred dangerously in my ear. I shivered from disgust. This creep was in my personal space where he so did not belong. I narrowed my eyes. This screaming girl was not Ashlyn Marie Jones. I for one almost never screamed, so right now I was pretty pissed off. I was Ashlyn Marie Jones, Flame of a dragon and Witch. Sure my powers haven't come out yet, but they will. Thinking this, I spit down on the man's hand as hard as I could. He jerked back, narrowed his eyes, than slapped me across the face. My head snapped to the right as he did so.

"You do not get to bite me, little Flame." The jerk growled at me.

"And you do not get to slap me, you intolerable pest!" I growled right back, shoving my hands out. Surprising both of us, he flew across the field, hit a tree, and dropped to the ground, unconscious. What just...

I sat up and looked around, bewildered. Talon, noticing I was awake, grabbed me in his arms in a bone crushing hug.

"Talon.... can't.... breathe...." I gasped out, half suffocating in his grip. Instantly his arms loosened around me but didn't let go. "Um, you can, you know, let go and stuff.." I mumbled, slightly embarrassed by the show of affection in front of my mother. Talon just shook his head no and pulled me closer to him. Not knowing what else to do, I wrapped my arms around his waist and laid my head on his chest. A rumbling noise started coming from him, almost like a cat's purr. I pulled back and looked up at him. "Talon, are you purring?" I asked, humor lacing my tone. His cheeks turned pink.

"It's a dragon thing. I'm not actually purring, the fire in my body is just moving at a faster rate than normal because you're near. It wants to be on," He whispered, lifting my hand up and touching our fingertips together. Blue, purple, and black flames started to dance its way from his skin to mine as I stared in amazement. Faintly I heard a gasp that registered in my brain as my mom, but I was too focused on the flames moving up my arm. They didn't burn anything or give off heat, they were just... there. Finally I looked up at Talon. He was just standing there, staring at my face, like a total creeper. I laughed and he blinked, than blushed again.

"Hey Talon?" He raised an eyebrow as a response. "Why don't we just call it purring." I smiled, and he just chuckled while nodding. "Good. Now back to the creeper dream." I said sitting down. I told them all about what happened, and as Talon's form grey more rigid, my tone got quieter and quieter unlit I was done with the small scene. Cautiously, I poked him in the arm. He glanced at me, than continued to glare a hole in the wall. Shrugging, I turned to mom.

"Honey your magic kinda showed! Yay!" She squealed excitedly. "You won't believe the things you can" She was cut off as Talon suddenly exploded.

"That son of a bitch not only had the nerve to put his hands on you, but to threaten your life and smack you?! Hell no!" he shouted, bursting from his seat and storming out the back door. Me and mom followed him as quickly as we could, eyes wide as the dragon took his clothes off with no thought to my mom or me standing here. When he changed, you could tell he was ready to kill. Smoke was billowing from his nose and you could see the hatred in his eyes. Normal people would be scared but me? I was in awe at the raw power he exuded. Excited, I had climbed onto his back before he realized what was happening.

"Ashlyn get off of me! You cannot come with me this time!" Talon shouted at me.

"No dammit! I am your Flame. Where you go, I go. That is how I see it." I shouted back. We looked ridiculous, his head turned so one violet orb could glare at me standing on his back. I stomped my foot to make my point, and he huffed out a puff of smoke, making me roll my eyes. "Oh please. Don't even try to intimidate me with fire. We both know it won't do jack." A growl rumbled through his chest, and then my mother laughed at him. His head whipped to look at her so fast it almost gave me whiplash. He growled and puffed more smoke out of his nostrils, making me laugh. He had to look between the two of us as he tried to convince me to stay. That was, until a voiced shouted out, breaking the growling and laughter going on.

"What's going on here?!" Layton yelled her eyes transfixed on Talon, still very much in dragon form.

~~ Author's Note

): This is extra extra short, and I apologize D:

I have the worlds biggest case of writers block and it's pissing me off -_-

I have NO IDEA where to go from here, yet I know what I want to happen next.

SO CONFUSED!!!