[k] Two Obvious Plays

[k]

...

Sophia,

You sure as hell know when to stay or leave - or shall I say run? When you don't like something, you stay. When you love it, you run. Everything with you is the opposite. You hate Marcus, yet you stay. You love being alone, yet you run. Running from the things you love only makes you crave it more. Do you remember that time when you had to choose between going out with Marcus or staying for the theatre play that the school was holding? I overheard you talking to someone - Ivy? - about wanting to go to this play. I wished you did go though because I was in the play and seeing your face there would have made the night more magical than it was. Do me a favour; stop running.

...

I speed dialled Ivy, my fingers trembling as they tried to hold the device in my hands. I had to find out what play I was going to go, to see if his name was still on the cast list.

"Hey-"

"Ivy, you better remember this because my memory sucks and right now it's all over the place." I quickly sputtered out, running my hands through my hair roughly.

"What what, slow down!"

"I can't slow down!" I yelled back into the phone, getting more agitated by the second. "What was that play called-- the play that erm--that I wanted to go to but I had to go-- Marcus's game and--"

"The Flourish." Ivy interjected my rambles quickly. I snapped my mouth close.

"You sure?" I asked slowly after a few breaths.

"As sure as I am of my name."

I closed my eyes slowly. "Thank you sweets." I breathed out, a feeling of relief washing through me. "Anything new today?" I carried on the conversation as my legs carried me to the drama office, in a rapid paced. They surely would have kept the cast list of their previous plays...right?

"Yes, I saw this guy called Karl and he's seriously the most beautiful human being I've ever seen and he winked. At me. My way. Me." She exaggerated her last words and I couldn't help but chuckle at her, her eyes popping out and her disbelief etched on her face popping up in my head.

"And?"

"Oh there's no and. A wink and that was the end."

"But it hasn't even started yet!"

"No starting. There's an end already."

I rolled my eyes at Ivy's conclusion. When I came to the drama office I stopped right at the door before knocking. I hung up on Ivy after telling her I would call her in a few seconds.

I knocked on the door, expecting to see a middle aged teacher but instead was faced with another fellow student.

"Erm hi." I said, awkwardly waving at the young boy. He eyed me carefully, with his narrowed eyes and pursed lips.

"Can I help you?"

"Do you have the cast list for The Flourish?"

The boy looked confused for a second before it came to him. "You mean The Floweriest?" He asking, confusion etched on his face.

I was going to kill Ivy for giving me the incorrect play.

"Yes." I pulled on a bright smile, hoping that this boy would hand me the cast list already.

"Sorry but someone already came and took it."

I narrowed my eyes at him. "Today?"

He nodded his head, sticking his tongue behind his teeth, starting to look really bored with my questions.

"Why?" I gasped out, throwing my hands down. I was seriously annoyed.

The boy looked me up and down, his eyes trailing every itch before they landed on my face. "He deliberately said because he didn't want a particular girl named Sophia knowing about his endeavour."

Curse him back to hell and back.