[d] Two Cautious Eyes

[d]

...

Sophia,

Now, I'm not a stalker. Yes, I do know where your locker is and that the second period on a Thursday you are free and that you tend to dip your chips in vanilla flavoured ice-cream. I simply came across those small snippets of your life by innocent - sometimes deliberate - glances to my right. You were always to my right, across that table hurdled in your own group. If you were happy you did not fool me. Anyone could tell you were unhappy and always misjudged in your little group. Yes, I do eavesdrop. But why do you do it? Why do you force the laughter out of yourself? Just because this person and that person cracked a joke doesn't mean you have to laugh this way and that way. How can someone live in such an fake society. Do me a favour - make my day even, stand up and tell every single person what you really think of them. Including your mislead boyfriend.

...

I lifted my head up slowly, my heart still screeching loudly in my ear due to my wild bravery of reading the letter in the canteen. My boyfriend was sitting right next to me, laughing and fisting pumping his equally masculine and hormonal friends. I slowly covered the letter with a pile of untouched homework without looking down.

I looked around, my eyes trailing the canteen slowly and carefully with a predator's mindset.

He was here.

***