[z] Two Wondrous Vows

[z]

I found myself outside the hospital.

A few minutes later, I was outside his old room, my hand lifted up to knock on the door.

"How can I help you miss?" A very short female nurse with a pixie haircut appeared next to me. I peered down on her, confused as to why she came up to me and asked me a question with an obvious answer.

"I'm here to-" I started to say but snapped my mouth shut. I wasn't here for anybody.

"Darling, you've been coming for the past few days now. Are you lost?" She asked carefully, her eyes searching my face.

I looked at her silently, wondering if she was just bluffing or actually had her eyes on me. I swallowed the massive lump that landed in my throat and blinked furiously at the nurse. Something heavy planted itself in my stomach and my lungs suddenly felt like they were being squeezed to death.

I flicked around and quickly ran out of there, running into people, patients and doctors alike. Some threw out agitated "hey's!" but I ignored them all the same and raced out the hospital, right outside.

It was slightly dark out. I looked at my watch and saw that it was ten past eight. It wasn't even visiting hours. Of course that nurse would point out my obscure behaviour.

I walked along the sidewalk, keeping my head down and wondering where to go next. No place felt right expect the hospital. I managed to feed myself fantasies that he was still there, waiting for someone to keep him company, waiting for me.

"You really need to stop." I snapped my head to the sound of a voice. I spotted Tobath emerging from the shadows, his hood covering the top of his head but his face was clear to me.

I eyed him up and down and then carried on walking.

"Sophia."

I stopped walking and turned to face him again. "I think I'm going crazy." I announced, finding it hard to meet his eye so I dropped my head to his feet.

He came closer and his hand landed on my shoulder. "If it makes you feel any better, I think so too."

"Do you think I'll forget him? I'm scared if I'll forget him."

Tobath dipped his head so he was really close to my face. "You won't forget him. No one can ever forget him."

"Then why am I so scared to sleep, to close my eyes because it's the only time that everything turns black." I admitted to him, my voice breaking around the edges. I couldn't hold on any longer and the isolation of my room was too far away for me to keep hold of my tears.

Tobath gathered me into his arms, engulfing me in a tight hug. I couldn't stop the quivering that overtook my body and the loud whacking sobs that came out of my mouth. I pressed my face into his chest, twisting my hand into the hem of his shirt and clenching it tightly.

"I don't know what to do." I sniffed.

Tobath ran his hands over my hair, rocking slightly on his feet. "We all don't know what the hell to do." I breathed out. "But we have each other and hell bends if that's not enough."

I looked up at him through my wet eyes and saw that he was looking down at me as well. He had a light stubble on his face, clear that he hadn't shaven ever since the funeral. Which made me realise that I didn't seem him at all ever since his heartbreaking speech.

"How are you holding up?" I asked him.

His eyes darkened at my question. "I'll manage."

I blinked at him. "I'm here if you need me."

He smiled at me and ran his finger across my cheek. "Likewise."

My heart fluttered at his touch and I found myself leaning into it. I also found myself asking a very stupid question.

"Are you going to kiss me?"

His head jerked back slightly and he peered at me with uncertainty. His finger crossed my cheek, to my nose and gave it two taps.

His head lowered down to my face and I anticipated the kiss but instead felt his lips graze the edge of my cheeks, close to my lips. He planted a soft feather-like kiss there on that spot, lingering for a few seconds before he pulled back.

"No more kissing." He vowed in a low voice.

I nodded at him slowly, finding myself agreeing with him. "No more kissing." I repeated.

Bur still, I stepped on my toes and softly pressed my lips at the edge of his lips, although making sure I wasn't exactly touching it. His skin felt so soft against my lips.

When I pulled back, Tobath's eyes were burning. His gaze dropped to my lips. His hand went around the back of my neck and pulled my head close so both our foreheads were pressed together.

"Do me a favour Stance," Tobath started to say, parroting the usual trademark ending of the letters, "don't leave us."

A shiver coursed through me. "Do me a favour Stance," I repeated whilst looking Tobath in the eye, "don't allow us to forget."

So do me a favour Stance, don't stop loving.

---

a/n: Finish
as for the sequel, I'm still toying around with the idea but for now, both characters will pop up in cotton cardigans and maybe other stories of mine.
I really, really hope you liked this story as much as I loved writing it. Thank you all for all the support and love.

Just do me a favour, don't stop being so awesome.
Xox
-n