[h] Two Mischievous Questions

...

Sophia,

You think I'm obssessed with you right? I'm truly not. I''ve made it my life mission to break you out of your nutshell. So I have to gather more details on my subject right? Plus it's always fun watching you. You like listening to Arctic Monkeys - I saw the CD drop out of your bag when you were rushing to class. I picked it up and didn't return it to you. Guilty as charged. You tend to read on your balcony with a bucket full of milkyway chocolates - how can you like that stuff? It's all about kit kat. You dress like a homeless person when you're home alone - they always say natural beauty beats them all. And you really do. You beat all them teenyboppers. Do my a favour, step outside the house with no inch of make-up.

...

I stepped out onto my balcony, with my old sweatpants and washed out vest. My hair was a mess and my face was a clean canvas for the night.

I looked across the backyard, beyond the trees that hugged the outskirts of my house. It looked dark and scary beyond those shadows yet they had this magical lure to them that I always wanted to explore. The stars above use glittered next to the blinding moon, illuminating the world as everyone slept soundlessly.

But here I was; reading another letter and questioning my insanity.

This guy was a stalker. He watched me.

If that shouldn't scare me right off into the woods I don't know what will. But every time I think about dropping everything and reporting this crazy behaviour to the police, I realised that there was one thing holding me back.

And that was one question above all questions.

I dropped myself onto the floor, and lifted my head to scan the wide expanse of trees and mysteries. "Who are you?" I asked into the silent night, hoping the wind would carry the answer.

***