[m] Two Dangerous Safes

[m]

"I don't think it's safe." Ivy said softly, after a while of utter silence between us. I stared up at the stars, my eyes not wanting to lose sight of the beauty of them.

"He is practically stalking you," she carried on. I turned my face slowly to her and saw that she was picking on a dried leaf.

"But he's harmless." I muttered.

Ivy met my eyes, a soft smile on her face. "That says a lot hunny."

I frowned at her, "what does that say?"

Ivy didn't give me a reply then but she did made me think things through. How I was blinded by this mishap, thinking that it was harmless but in fact it was really dangerous.

I didn't even know who he was yet here he was, reading my story out loud for me.

So that very night, I found myself at the station.

I stared at the double doors in front of me, cautiously watching the men in uniform run from one side to the room to the other, a few sitting at their desk, phones stuck to their ears.

If I just go in and hand in everything then maybe it would all stop. I had all the letters with me but I couldn't help feeling that it was too private to share with the police. They would know everything about me.

And a thought kept nagging me in my head. Did I really want it to stop?

"Don't." A voice came from behind me, stopping me from taking another step.

I turned around slowly, knowing exactly who I would see behind me.

"You shouldn't be here."

He was in full black again, the hood of his jacket pulled over his face. "Why not?" He asked.

"I'm about to hand you over to the police and I won't hesitate to say that you're right outside."

The boy stayed silent.

"Go. You can't make it easy for the police to find you when you made it impossible for me to find you."

"The police can't find me even if I was standing right in front of them."

I scoffed, surprised to know he was cocky in a sense. "I like your confidence. Especially coming from a guy hiding behind a hood."

I heard him chuckle from here, glad to know he was amused in a way.

"I'm surprised my voice hasn't made it clear for you."

I raised my eyebrows at him. "I'm surprised you're still here."

"If you're going to the police, tell them I'm a guy, brown hair, brown eyes, I'm hitting nineteen soon and I got a birthmark at the back of my neck - it isn't so hard to miss."

I gaped at him, not sure whether I was annoyed or excited. He just willingly gave me some things about himself.

"And your name?" I probed, hoping he was not done sharing.

"It starts with a T."

I blinked a few times, waiting for him to give me more. But after a few seconds, he was moving backwards, walking away.

He stopped when he came near a bench. My eyes were glued to his hands as they disappeared inside his pocket and came back out with a folded piece of paper.

"Your letter." He said, before disappearing around the corner.

I rushed to the bench, snatched the paper from it and ran to around the corner-

He was gone, only catching a glimpse of his back, on his bike, before he turned around another corner.

I looked down at the letter in my hand and took in a deep breath.

...

Sophia,

You shouldn't be so worried about your safety. With me, you can get as safe as you can be. I'm here to look out for you and I'm here to help you realise who you really are. I'm not the enemy. I don't think you ever let someone take care of you. You are too busy wanting to take care of others. So stop being afraid and do me favour; let me take care of you.

...

a/n: who can guess his name? :P