Prologue

~Do you ever feel like a misfit
         Everything inside you is dark and twisted,
         Oh but it's okay to be different,
Cause baby so am I~

             ~ "So Am I' -Ava Max

His arms wrapped around her holding her against him. She breathed in his scent, letting it envelope her senses. He was everything to her, and she wasn't going to let him go. Not now, not ever.

He buried his face in her hair, kissing her softly. "You have to let me go." He whispered, his voice just as kind and gentle as it always had been.

Hinata curled her hands into fists. She couldn't bear to accept it. She didnt want to accept the truth that Itachi was going to die. He was the one person who knew her best. Who truly cared about her. No......she wasn't going to allow it. There had to be another way.

"Itachi, it doesn't have to be like this." Hinata looked up into Itachi's kind onyx eyes. She loved him so much, and he knew it. So why did he have to leave her?

Itachi place a kiss on Hinata's forehead, his touch gentle. "No matter what happens, Hinata, know that I will always love you. No matter where you go or what you do, I will still love you with all of my heart, and I will always be with you, here, now, and always."

"I'll never forget you, Itachi." Hinata whispered, tears coming to her eyes. "You are so sweet, and kind....you don't deserve this."

Itachi didn't answer. He simply held Hinata in his arms as she sobbed, her heart feeling as though it was shattering in two. Itachi felt like he deserved this, always blaming himself for things he couldn't control. He was want to burden Hinata, but she didn't think of him as a burden.

She loved him.

Hinata closed her eyes, tears streaming down her face. If only things hadn't happened the way they did.

If only......