Chapter 2

⚠️WARNING⚠CONTAINS THEMES OF ABUSE, SELF HARM AND VIOLENCE If that makes you uncomfortable, stay away! Safety first, guys!♡♡♡

I awoke, my neck stiff and sore from sleeping in the hard chair. Sun filtered in through the windows of Father's office, casting a gentle glow that kissed my raw skin in warm rays. I wiggled slightly in my bonds, wincing only to feel the rough ropes cutting into my flesh. Fresh tears pricked at my eyes, rolling down my cheeks. I knew that once mother saw the awful burns on my skin, she'd beat me even further for not looking flawless like Hanabi.

As soon as the thought crossed my mind, Mother burst into the office, glaring down at me. She severed the ropes, her eyes running over the bruises and raw skin. I looked away, more tears falling from my eyes. I knew what was coming for me even before she did it. Even before the words of venom left my mother's mouth. It was the same lecture I always received whenever Father hurt me, which was often. I just hoped that I could get it over with as soon and as quickly as possible.

"You pathetic girl!" Mother hissed, her hand making contact with my jaw before I could even react. The smack rang through the air as I gasped, blood rushing in my ears. Mother huffed, her nostrils flaring in utter rage.

"As usual you are a disgrace to our family and our clan!" Mother spat. "Why you are hier to the clan and not Hanabi is beyond me. Your father hasn't changed it yet, but I will make sure he does!"

Mother crossed over to Father's desk, pulling a kunai out of one of the drawers. I readied myself for what was coming, balling my hands into fists. Mother grabbed my wrist, dragging the blade along my pale skin, dying it with droplets of crimson blood. I gasped, my screams catching in my throat as the blade traveled up my arm,waving a long bloody cut that I was sure would scar horribly. I could just add it to the many number of scars that cover my body in various places.

The kunai slid put of my flesh, spraying blood on the wall. It's cool blade stabbed into my wrist, the bone and tendons severing from each other in a painful crack. Screams tore from my throat, tears streaming down my face from the pain. The blade twisted, the fragile bones in my wrist shattering from the pressure. The pain sent shudders through my body, black spots lingering in my vision. Mother ripped the blade out of my wrist tossing it aside.

"Go get ready." Mother huffed. "You have to leave for the academy soon."

I bowed my head, scuttling put if the room, clutching my bleeding wrist. Chewing my lip to keep from whimpering in pain, I bathed, washing all of my wounds carefully. After I dried myself, I bandaged my arm and wrist neatly, blood still seeping from the wounds. I knew my wrist would never be the same again.

I dressed, putting on a loose hoodie and cargo pants, making sure that all of my scars and wounds were covered. Grabbing my book bag, I hurried downstairs stuffing my bento box in my bag on the way out. Hanabi had already left, always being sure that she was early. I was going to be barely on time, but it was better than not making it at all.

The streets of Konaha were bustling with life as I made my way through the crowds. The bleeding in my wrist hadn't stopped, and between the pain and loss of blood, I was feeling very dizzy and light-headed. My vision blurred as the pain and nausea worsened, making me stumble slightly. I was almost to the Academy building. I had to make it.

I stumbled, bile rising in my throat. I looked down at my wrist, only to see that the blood had already soaked through my bandages, staining my sleeve a bright crimson. Scrambling inside the Academy, I shuffled down the hall, my vision graying. I slipped into my classroom, sitting down at my desk, putting my head in my hands. Why must this always happen to me? I lifted my head to see Hanabi walking over to me.