Chapter 7

Take my hand~
       Take my whole life too~
For I, can't help,
       Falling in love with you~

Like a river flows,
        Surely to the sea
Darlin' so it goes
        Somethings, are meant to be~

      |Can't Help Falling in Love, Elvis|

(a/n: this chapter will be from Itachi's point of view. I thought I'd include a chapter in his pov, and there will probably be more along the way ^w^)

I tapped my foot impatiently, annoyed with Kisame for taking so long. What he possibly could be doing in Konaha was beyond me. All I knew was that if we didn't bring Leader-sama the Kyuubi, he'd be greatly disappointed with us. Kisame really was excellent at wasting time.

When I finally saw him coming, I sighed in annoyance, brushing my bangs out of my eyes. It was only when Kisame came closer that I noticed the girl he had slung over his back.

"Itachi-san!" Kisame called. "Look what I've got!"

I widened my eyes in alarm. "Why is she here?"

"I brought your little wifey along!" Kisame smirked. "Konaha just let me walk right out the front gates with her!"

I couldn't help but feel irked at Konaha's carelessness. But...they had had guards everywhere. Had they really just not cared? Maybe they hadn't, but what grievance could they possibly have against Hinata? Anger flared hot, my eyes flashing red. It wasn't like me to get angered easily, but Hinata was precious to me. Protecting her and Sasuke was more important to me than anything else. Even after all this time, I hadn't lost my feelings for Hinata. I'd tried so hard to forget, but I never could. I could never forget someone I loved.

Kisame threw Hinata down, sending her tumbling through the dirt. Suppressing a flinch, I glared at Kisame, my mongekyo sharingan blazing hot, responding to my anger.

"That wasn't necessary." I told him, icily. "She will only slow us down. We have no use for her."

"I could kill her." Kisame suggested, holding up his disgusting sword.

"No." I replied stonily. "That's not necessary either. You shouldn't have removed her from Konaha in the first place."

"They didn't like her anyway." Kisame shrugged. "And it's not like you mind that much."

"Idiot." I sighed, shaking my head at him. "You're missing the point entirely. We have business to attend to, and this girl will only hinder us."

"Quit talking as though I'm not here!" Hinata rose to her feet. Her pearl eyes flashing with anger. My heart softened as I took in her beauty, saddened by her anger. I had expected this from her, however. She had every right to be angry with me, to hate me. I had taken everything from her, exposing someone so innocent to the evils of the world. Hinata had been so kind and innocent......I was deserving of her hatred.

But it hurt to know she hated me. Maybe it shouldn't have, but it did. I turned away from Hinata, unable to bear looking into her eyes any longer. The eyes that had once been so kind and loving, hardened by my own faults. I had stripped her of the only family she had every known. Leaving her alone to wander in the dark. Hinata did not deserve what I had done to her. I was a monster, and Hinata knew it too.

"Hey!" Hinata grabbed my sleeve. "You dont get to just walk away!"

I turned to face her, gasping softly at the tears in her beautiful eyes. My heart twisted at the pain Hinata was in. She was suffering, all because of me. What kind of monster am I?