Distractions.

[Nat x you]
[Nat x bucky]

[Gp Nat] [Requested.]

[WARNING: Angst, angsty, some fluffy fluff and smut...]

-YOUR POV-

"It has to be done, Romanoff." Fury's demand rung in my ear as my heart pounded into my chest, "She doesn't need distractions anymore and remember this stays between me and you."

I closed my eyes, taking deep breath's at the thought of leaving my wife... it felt impossible and it was practically one of my biggest fears. We were barely beginning to start having children and we had no success so far which hurt mean than both of us would ever admit – the closest that ever came successful was around a one month ago when I kept throwing up but the test came out negative.

I cried that whole day because in the end... I knew she'd always choose the avengers anyways and she'd always listen to fury... he was basically her father. Natasha had walked into our shared, trying to talk to me but all I could do was stare at the window, lost in my thoughts.

"Y/n, will talk to me already." She said in frustration, tapping my shoulder.

"I don't feel like talking or arguing." I shrugged lightly.

She groaned in annoyance, clenching her jaw, "Y/n-

"Natasha." I warned, wanting her to just drop it all already – the only thing really going through my head were fury's words and the thought of actually leaving... maybe he was right... it was the best for Natasha, she always avoided the subject of retiring so maybe me leaving would make things easier at least for her. Deep down I knew I probably wasn't thinking rationally and should talk to me my wife but my fears and emotions were getting the best of me.

Natasha stormed off making me sigh in relief as I closed my eyes, feeling tears drop from my eyes again. I packed up a few clothes then hiding suitcase as I waited for Natasha to take a bath then fall asleep so I could go. The redhead came back an hour later and took a shower before she was getting into bed.

"I love you." I heard her mutter quietly making my heart cry out more. She sighed heavily, falling asleep after a few minutes before I took off my ring and placed it on our nightstand.

"I'm sorry," I whispered, placing one last kiss to her head, "I love you too, talia."

Four years later

I frowned when I noticed my doorknob had been filled with making me look around the apartment halls before I discreetly pulled out a knife from my boot. I took a deep breath before cautiously opening my front door, slowly walking inside and closed the door behind me softly while looking around my apartment.

"I know you're out there."

My entire body froze, the knife almost slipping from my hand as my heart pounded into my chest. Her voice almost made me want to cry and I hadn't realize for how long my heart and soul had longed for her.

I regained my composure, licking my lips as I walked further into the room before I made my way to the kitchen to see her leaning against the counter with an almost finished glass of wine.

"What are doing here?" I whispered, swallowing thickly.

Her beautiful green eyes were cold but the wine was able to show me the misery in her heart... even after all these years I could read her like it was child's play, "You can up the knife down," She said, gulping down the rest of her wine, "I would never hurt you."