The visitors

(Elias)

When I got back, the pain was too much to bear. It got so bad that I wish I didn't accept his rejection, I wished I could live with knowing that I had a mate who didn't want me.

At least the pain from him cheating on me wasn't as bad as this. I didn't know how long I was out for, but to me, it felt like an eternity. I somehow found myself sitting under a tree, the place I was in was pitched black with nowhere to go. I was all alone, just like I was meant to be.

'No you're not alone Elias, you're never alone.' Forest said as he walked up to me. I smiled at him while patting his head that he placed on my lap.

'Where am I?' I asked as I continued to survey the place.

'Raina spoke to me before. She said that she placed you here so your spirit can be calm. It's her way of helping, minus the darkness, I could use a little light.' I nodded my head as a new form of emotion started taking over.

Love. What Raina did for Forest and I was something that I had never expected. She tried her best to make sure I was alright. It's too bad I already had a mate and, given the fact that I was gay, why I couldn't be with her.

'She told me some things that weren't so pleasing to hear. Lilliana is currently meeting with Elder kodas and Elder Adela in hopes of getting to you.' I narrowed my eyes at him, wondering why they would want me.

'It seems as if our mate's father is working with them in getting you to come back. The last time I checked, Raina told me that they spoke to a powerful witch to get you back, that's how they know that you're here. Let me tell you a little story about when we were in the forest. When you went into a coma, I was about to take on a long journey. In hopes of meeting this witch, so she could get you back. I've heard stories of how powerful she can be, and I guess the stories were true. Raina told me that this which was her aunt, that she wasn't as powerful nor as strong as her. Raina's aunt got kicked out of her coven because of some challenge they were afraid to lose, that challenge was the cause of her parents' death.' Forest said, and I nodded my head in understanding.

Ok, that's new. I never knew that Raina's aunt was so powerful, she often talked about not being ready to take on certain tasks, but I guess with a lot of training she can be just as powerful.

'And what are we supposed to do?' I'm trapped in this place that isn't even real.

'We go back.' Forest deadpans like it was as simple as that.

'Forest, you know we can't, the pain won't allow us to….' he growls at me, standing up while shaking out his fur. He looks so powerful right now, anyone would be afraid of him as his green eyes stared at me.

'We go back. Last time I checked, we aren't cowards, I'm not a coward and I, for one, won't start acting like one because of some pain. We go back and face them head-on, if it's something they want from us, we fight them. There is no way I'm sitting here, hiding away in this make-believe place Raina placed us in. I'm ready to head back, and so are you.' Nodding my head, I stand up with a little more confidence than before. Forest was right, we aren't cowards, he had taught me so much before. He was there for me when I needed him the most, so I won't let him down right now. If he wants to go back, then that's what we will do.

'Let's go back if that is what you want. You have to take over though because I'm afraid I won't be as strong as before.' He bowed his head down and let out a powerful growl, even I would have trembled from the sound of it.

Raina appeared out of nowhere, it was like she understood what was going on because she didn't fight us on this. She snapped her fingers and the next thing I knew I woke up on my bed surrounded by those who cared about me.

(Forest POV)

“Elias, you're back!” Lilliana shouted as she made a move toward me. She stopped and cursed under her breath while shaking her head.

“Not Elias but Forest, what happened?” She asked in a worried tone.

'Nothing happened. We heard that there are some people here for us, we wanted to see them.' I replied through mind link. She was about to refuse, but I held my hand up, stopping her.

'This is my fight Lilliana, I don't wish to draw attention to those who have helped me so far. Please just allow me this chance without fighting me.' She sighed and nodded her head.

'I'll get them, I'm uncertain if you're prepared to meet them as yet because one of them said that he is your mate. I want you to be prepared.” I nodded my head at her.

It wasn't surprising that Ryker was here, he's stubborn enough to want to find me even when I already rejected him. A couple of minutes later, the door opened to four people.

I looked at them and rolled my eyes because I didn't see what the hype was about them. Two of them were old enough to be my great-grandfather and great-grandmother while the other two looked to be given some rough tasks during their time on earth.

“Hi. My name is…,” I held my hand up while rolling my eyes.

“I'm sorry about his manners, seems as if he woke up without them. He's mute and can only communicate through mind link with other pack members and Raina. I'm not certain how you will be able to communicate with him.” I looked at Lilliana, who had a smug look on her face.

“He's not illiterate, I presume?" The old man asked while frowning. I glared at him, which had him looking at me with confusion.

“No, he's not.” Lilliana snapped as if she were offended.

“Then get him a damn paper and a pen. I didn't come all the way here to talk to a damn mute.” I stood up so fast, they didn't see it coming.

The pain was far from my mind as murder took over. The man shrieked out of fright and jumps back as I let out a silent chuckle. I made my way over to the desk, so I can get something to write on. I was yet to go to sign language class because of what was going on. But I intend to go soon.

“Ok let's get started. My name is Michael Green, and I am the father of Ryker and Ryland. You recently rejected Ryker but somehow my other son, Ryland is also experiencing the pain of said rejection. I'm here with Andrea, who will help us find out why this has happened and to see if we can come to some arrangement for you to take back your rejection.” I raised my eyebrow at him, he was a fool if he thought that would happen. Furthermore, I would rather die if I ever take back my rejection. It's what he deserves, for now at least.