As long as I believe

(Elias)

“I did it! I did it! I did it!” Raina shouted as she rushed into my room the next day. I raised my eyebrow at her in question as to what she might have done.

“Um good morning Elias, sorry to barge in like this but Ryker told me you were here and that it was ok for me to come.” I nodded my head at her, still wondering why she was so excited. A grin formed on her face and the next thing I knew, she grabbed me and started to jump up and down. I wasn't in the mood, so I asked her to stop, which she did.

'Now are you going to tell me why you're acting so crazy this early in the morning?' I asked, and she chuckled before sitting down on the bed. Ryker would be so angry if he saw her.

“So I've been working on countless spells lately, to get your voice back, and I somehow managed to find the right one! Elias, I can get you your voice back!” It wasn't true. I found myself sitting down next to her in a daze as she continued to talk about her experiments.

“I'm sure it will work for you, if not I'll keep on going until you can talk again.” Raina took my hand in hers, trying to give me the comfort that I needed. I can't believe that the day was here where I either would get my voice back or not. If it doesn't work, nothing will change, though. I will still go on with my life no matter the result.

“Let's go somewhere. I know the perfect place.” Raina said, and I replied with an ok. She teleported is back to the swings she once brought me and I thanked her because I really required this to clear my mind.

“I figured you'd want to be here for this, out in the open, so I decided to bring you here instead.” Raina was right, I required this. My heart was beating too fast for my liking, knowing what we were about to do. I just hope that it works because I was tired of not being able to talk.

“I'm ready whenever you are. Just close your eyes for me, and I'll make sure you get your voice back when I'm done.” I did what Raina said and closed my eyes. She places her hand on my forehead, putting me in a deep sleep.

(Flashback to ten years ago)

“I'm sorry mommy, I promise to never say that word again.” My mother looked at me with a smile, one she always gave me whenever I felt like I did something bad. In the end, she always reassured me that everything will be alright.

“It's ok my love, there's no need to worry. But you're right, that word is a bad word, and you can never say it again until you're older, ok?” She replied and I nodded my head. She took my hand in hers as we continued to walk around, looking at everyone and everything.

“One day, you'll be able to rule this pack, Elias. I know you'll be the best Alpha there is. With the teaching that you're already receiving, I can already see a leader in you.” Mom smiled down at me, and I flushed a little at her praise. I really hope that she's right because I want nothing more than to make her and dad happy.

“But mommy, what if I fail, will I be punished?” I asked, not knowing if I should believe everything she said. There's always room for failure, even though I wish that wouldn't happen in a million years.

“You won't be punished love, your father and I will still love you no matter what. You're our son, after all, the next alpha of the Green Bay Pack. Everyone will look up to you, this is what you're meant to be.” I nodded my head and furrowed my brows as she sweeps her hand out, gesturing to the wide open space in front of us.

“This land, the people here will be yours to rule one day Elias, never you forget that. Promise me you'll work hard and be one of the best alphas there is. That you won't abandon your people, and you'll always listen to their complaints and help them in every way possible.” I looked up at my mother and felt a sense of pride forming in my chest. I now knew that what she was saying was true.

This was my destiny and I wouldn't do anything to let that go. I will work twice as hard during training and show them that when the time comes, I'll make them proud.

“I promise you, mommy, I will do everything to make you see that I'm a good boy.” I replied, and she nodded her head while smiling at me.

“You know what I want to do right now?” I asked and she shrugged her shoulders.

“Sing! I missed doing that!" I shouted, which had her laughing.

“Then go ahead and do it, love, you have a wonderful voice at such a young age already? I hope you'll never lose it when you get older.” I agreed with her and started to sing. I knew that my parents loved me and will do anything for me, or at least that's what my young mind believed at that time.

(End of flashback)

“Ok Elias, it's time to wake up now.” Raina said, and I opened my eyes to find her looking down at me with a smile on her face. My eyes became wide as I remembered what we were here for. Did it work?

“The only way to find out if it worked is to say something. Come on Elias, you can do it.” She gestured for me to go on, but I was scared and nervous, even forest had been quiet because he would rather not get his hopes up. If I got my voice back, it would mean a lot to me. I was so happy that I became friends with Raina, because she was always here to help me. Ok, let's just hope that this works. Fingers crossed.