epilogue

(Elias)

“Elias, help me, he's after me!” Kai shouted as he ran towards me. He laughed as he hid behind me, making sure to use me as his shield.

“You do know I'll still give you away if Ryland comes this way, right?” I asked, making him gasp in disbelief.

“You wouldn't.” He said, and I raised my eyebrow at him.

“Try me.” I replied, challenging him to say otherwise, but he kept quiet for his sake. I chuckled when I spotted Ryland running towards us, Kai took off, bursting into a fit of laughter as he tried to escape his mate who was catching up to him.

“Aren't they a happy couple.” Ryker said, wrapping his arms around my waist. I agreed with him as we continued to watch them chasing each other. Miles and Ethan chose that moment to walk by, waving at us as they headed off together.

It was a lovely day today, the sun was out and everyone was spending time with their mates. Damian found his mate yesterday when he was on patrol. Her name is Keira and she's such a sweet girl.

She was shy as well, seeing that she's an omega who got banished from her pack. She left so that she could find somewhere else to live when she stumbled on our territory. Damian was already protective of her, he would growl at anyone who would glance her way. I was happy for them.

Parker Johnson, who is Raina's mate, told us yesterday that he was working for Andrea and had been following me around a lot because he was trying to get to Raina.

He wasn't sure if she wanted him, so he used another approach, which was to fight her. It was a way of getting her to submit to him, which seems to work, seeing how they are together and happy.

Lilliana and Samuel were happy about me getting my powers back. They wanted to make sure I was ok, so they stopped by as many times as they could in one day. It's like they couldn't stay away from me.

Just this morning, they stopped by with the adoption papers, surprising me by making me theirs forever. I was happy, that I finally found a family I could call my own. I had to leave my brother behind because he was still young, and I wouldn't be allowed to see him.

“Let's go for a walk.” Ryker said, while taking my hand in his. We started our trek through the forest, everything was so clear now that I have my power. Raina had been helping me, teaching me the different spells that I could use. She was also teaching me how to control my powers, which was helping a lot.

“What are we going to do now that it's over?” I asked, as I stood there, taking in the scenery in front of me.

“We could think about starting a family. I know that none of us will be able to give birth, so I was thinking about adopting. I'm already tied to you indefinitely, in this lifetime and the next, so I'm uncertain if you would want to get married.” My mouth fell open from shock because I never knew this would happen, I never knew Ryker would want this.

But looking at him now, I could see the love in his eyes. The way he looked at me, as if I were all he saw, made me tremble with excitement at the thought of starting a family with him.

“I'm uncertain if I'll be a good father. What if I'm exactly like my father?” I looked down because I didn't want him to see how much that statement affected me.

“You aren't anything like your father, Elias, I can guarantee you that. You will be wonderful to our pups because I believe in you. It's only up to you to believe in yourself.” I nodded my head, smiling because I finally had someone who believed in me.

Back then, when I was alone, I didn't know that this would be my life today. If anyone had said it before, I would have called them a liar. Now I was finally moving on, getting the happy ending I so desperately craved  which was long overdue.
————————————————
(Ryker's POV)

“Let's go for a run.” I suggested, seeing how it was time we allowed our wolves to spend some time together. Max has been nothing but a pain in the ass, saying I'm not giving him any chance to spend any time with his mate, so I believe that this would be good for him.

Elias immediately agreed with me, saying that Forest was already super excited. We took our clothes off and hid them so that we could come back and put them on. Running around in the open, I felt the tension leaving my body as we took off in the clearing.

We found a bed of dandelions and ran straight to it. They were blown away by the wind, which was excited to see, so we kept it up until we got bored with it. Next we began to chase the butterflies. Elias or rather, forest, stopped at a bird's nest and got excited about it. He was about to take a look inside when he heard chirping and decided that it was best to leave it alone.

I jumped and tackled him to the ground, hearing a loud whine escape him as he tried to get me off him. We were both rolling around playfully, yipping at each other. This lasted for a couple of hours until we were tired and decided to head back to our clothes.

Shifting, we got dressed and looked at each other before bursting in a fit of laughter. We fell on the ground, with my back against the tree as I pulled Elias in front of me. Sniffing his neck, I tried to get as much of his scent as I could.

“You know, there's one thing I really would like to find out.” Elias said after calming down. I asked him what, but he said it was stupid. Of course, I wanted to find out, so I didn't stop bothering him until he told me.

“What I really want to know is what happened to Sheila. It's like we forgot about her, and we are suddenly acting as if she doesn't exist, sometimes I feel like she doesn't exist at all.” My eyes became wide as I thought of something to distract him, to get his mind off Sheila, so I did the only thing I could think of. I kissed him.

He was moaning by the time I was through with him. I could smell his arousal, but I got up instead of doing anything about it. He lets out an angry growl and started chasing after me, I was laughing and running like my life depended on it.

“Ryker green, you better get your ass back here and finish what you started!”

That's my love. The only person I was forever bound to. The only person who won my heart and finally let me know what it felt like to be in love. I will hold on to that feeling for the rest of my life because without him, I was nothing. At least now, I can safely say that accepting Elias as my mate, has been a blessing for me. One that I will always be thankful for.

(The end of part one)

*****************

Thank you for reading my story and for voting and commenting, I really appreciate it.

Part two starting next.