Final introduction

(Elias)

Ryker was walking next to me while informing me on what's supposed to happen, The following morning when I woke up and got ready to face the day ahead.

“So I wanted to introduce you to everyone before we head over to our therapy session. I know that I should have done that before, but I was too caught up with my personal feelings that it slipped my mind.” He said and I nodded my head. I wasn't really listening because my mind was elsewhere.

“After therapy, I'll be busy throughout the day, so you can hang out with ryland's mate kai if you want or take a walk around the pack. Try to get to know everyone better.” I sent him an ok through the link as he continues to talk. To be honest, I still didn't trust him, I mean, would you if you were in my position? I'm not really concerned about what other people might think, once you've done me wrong in any way, shape or form, I will not be able to trust you after that.

“Remember, if you still need to visit the shadow stone pack, you can, I won't be stopping you because that's your home as well. All you have to do is inform Raina and she'll get you there in no time.” He stops suddenly by the stairs, which had me stopping as well and looking at him like he had lost his mind. Clearing his throat, he looks at me with what I can say regret in his eyes as well as pity. I didn't want his pity, that's the last thing I wanted from anyone.

“I know you still don't trust me, and maybe I haven't given you any indications to, but I want you to know that I won't be treating you like dirt while you're here. Of course, that was my first thought when I accepted you as my mate, but I learned my lessons. I can't always depend on anger and frustrations, that surely won't lead my pack or get me anywhere with you. It's time that I start acting like an adult instead of a rebellious teenager. I hope that we can work together as alphas of this pack, if you'll allow me the chance, that is.” He looks away, with a tint of red on his cheeks.

I'll give it to this man, he was good at acting and convincing me. But what if he's telling the truth? I won't be able to find out until he gives me a valid reason to trust him.

'It's not that I don't want to give you a chance, Ryker, it's the mere fact that I don't trust you. Your acting skill should be able to land you in a decent role in a movie if you convince them enough, that is, but for me, it will have to take a lot of hard work to get me to ever trust you or move forward in this so call relationship.' I replied, and he sighed while running his hand through his hair.

“I'm trying, Elias. I know you think I have some kind of motive for bringing you here, but I don't. I mean, I did before, and I would have told you about it if I didn't think you'd run.” I closed my eyes as I thought about the way he was acting, this newfound change of his was a bit suspicious.

Call me paranoid, but I think I'll stick to what I believe. I didn't reply as we both went to the dining room in silence. I could already hear the chatter of everyone outside, waiting for my presence.

It was nerve wracking, yes, but this was something I was trained to do when I was younger. We entered the huge dinging room to get something to eat, which didn't take long.

Finishing breakfast, we both headed outside where he would conduct the meeting, everyone was there waiting for us to get started. I don't know how I feel about this, becoming the Alpha/Luna of a pack that I once feared that I was taught to stay clear of.

If only I had Forest here with me, he'll know what to do. But He's still resting. Whatever Ryker did to him had taken a toll on his mind, and he wanted to get as much rest as he can to protect me. Seeing the large crowd outside had left me feeling nervous, I knew that this was my destiny, and I was trained at an early age to speak in front of a large crowd when my parents thought I was going to be the next Alpha, but I couldn't help but feel overwhelmed.

Without my wolf present, I was left to fend for myself. I just hope that I don't mess things up and look like a fool in front of anyone. The last thing I wanted is to be a laughingstock at a pack that I already hated.

Ryker made his way to the stage, where he was greeted by his parents and a lot more unfamiliar faces. I nervously followed behind him, cowering from the way everyone was staring at me as if judging me.

Even I would be second guessing myself as well. I didn't have the confidence I once held after being beaten down so many times. Ryker smiled and took my hand in his, the moment he touched me, I was able to calm down and think more clearly. Thanks to the bond we both shared.

“Ok everyone, thank you so much for coming here on such short notice. I have some vital news I'm sure you will be happy to hear.” I let my gaze drift over to Ryland who was standing next to a young boy I believed to be his mate. Ryland's eyes immediately snapped towards me, and I smiled at him after being caught staring. He smiled back at me and nodded his head, then went back to focusing his attention on the crowd as Ryker continued to talk.

“As all of you might have heard, I met my mate.” He announced as everyone started to cheer. He held his hand up, which caused them to quiet down.

“I have a lot of work ahead of me to get him to trust me because of some things I have done to him in the past. But for now, he's here and not only as my mate but also the Alpha of this pack.” The cheers started once more, allowing me the comfort that I so desperately craved. At least they were supportive of us and I didn't have any problems with them.

“I want to accept him into this pack, and I hope that you can accept him as well. Treat him as your Alpha and make sure he is well taken care of. He is mute, not by choice, but by an accident that took his ability to speak. But he will be able to respond to you or talk to you through mind link.” Ryker then gestured to Ryland who walked over with his mate who was yet to take his eyes off the ground, I could tell he was shy.

“My brother also found his mate, which should be celebrated equally. I can safely say that Ryland's rebellious days are now over, and he is ready to lead this pack side by side as your Alpha.” Ryker smirks at Ryland who rolled his eyes in return. After everything had been said, it was time for me to meet the higher ranked wolves here.

First it was miles who are the Beta, then Damian who is the Gamma. I have a strange feeling that I saw them before, but I wasn't sure where, so I let it go. I met the warriors and mingled with a few pack members who wanted to get to know me better. It was enough to get rid of my hatred for this pack for now, which was better than nothing.

Overall, the day turned out ok, for now at least.