Part 1.1

Hanamaki sighed, before turning on his back and leaning back on the old counter. What was even the point of a night shift? No one ever came in this late!

It's a fucking arcade! For gods' sakes! Hanamaki yawned. His phone buzzed on the counter next to him. Probably Matsukawa telling him to beware of any animatronics. Because Matsukawa was a dick who liked to scare him. But that's part of what he liked about the other boy.

He sighed. He picked up his phone to check his texts. And indeed, Matsukawa had texted him to beware of any animatronics. He sent him back a thumbs-up emoji.

Just as he was about to turn it off, he heard a noise coming from one of the game machines. He jumped. "Issei, you dick!" He shouted. Nothing. Not even Matsukawa's annoying laughter.

"Issei?" No answer. Just another noise. He was about to walk over but stopped himself. "No. That's exactly how thrillers start!" He said. He just stood there, staring at the machine.

"Dammit." He sent Matsukawa a quick text -which was more like two paragraphs of him confessing his love to the other and saying goodbyes- and headed over, shining his flashlight on the machine.

The machine was shaking. "Uh, hello?" More shaking. "Issei better make sure my death is featured in Buzzfeed Unsolved..." He sighed. The screen of the machine lit up. Hanamaki screamed. The shaking became more violent. Hanamaki started stepping back, but tripped over a cable -He told Mai to fix it!- and fell.

"Dammit, Mai!" He shouted. The screen became lighter, forcing Hanamaki to cover his eyes while expecting his end. He could feel his phone buzzing. He could hear that stupid ringtone Matsukawa had set for his contact as a prank. And then...

"Ow..." Hanamaki opened his eyes. On the opposite side of the machine was laying a boy, around his age, with messy, brown hair and fair skin. He was rubbing his head, while tears seemed to build in his eyes.

Hanamaki shined his flashlight on him. The boy looked up.

"Do you happen to have some ice?"