Chapter 6

Hospital...

Arham entered his cabin followed by the staff boy who gave him a list surgeries to be done.

"Send Dr.Mirha in!" He ordered as there were three surgeries pending,that was not good.

He heard a slight knock and replied immediately."come in."

"Assalamoalaikum Sir." She greeted him being afraid of his sudden call.

"Walaikumusalam." He greeted back.

"You were my subordinate in my absence,right?" His voice was dangerously calm.

"Yes Sir."

"Then what is this?" He threw the file towards her.

"Sir, I can explain."

"Go ahead." He looked with a deep frown over his face.

"Sir,actually this patient was hypertensive , and Blood pressure wasn't lowering even with medicine...so I postponed this."

"The other two?"

"These were Dr. Misha's surgeries." Mirha replied in a low tone.

"Call her here!"

"Okay Sir." Mirha dialled her number asking her to report to Arham's cabin.

The door knocked immediately and Arham permitted her in with a frown etched over his face. "Yes Sir?" asked Dr.Misha.

'Ye nhi bachti aaj!' (She won't be spared today!) Mirha thought to herself.

"These surgeries were assigned to you?" He asked her.

"Yes."

"Then why are they still pending?"

"Sir,I..I am s..sorry."

"Dr.Misha, don't play this sorry game here. Don't you know how and why people come to hospital? Because they need to get rid of their disease and disablitiy as soon as possible and you. were. delaying. that?" His anger rose to the peak listening to her apology.

"Prepare the operation theatre, I need them to be done today!" He ordered.

"Sir,we were a bit relax because Dr. Mirha told us that you are on leave for a month due to your marriage, sorry Sir." Misha replied.

Mirha's head shot open at her statement, she was bewildered, why on earth did she tell him all this, all of a sudden?

"Leave." He ordered.

Mirha was about to leave his cabin when he spoke up "stay here Dr. Mirha."

She clutched her eyes tightly thinking of the excuses in her head already. "Meri shadi ho rhi hai Mirha? (Am I getting married Mirha?) His strong gaze held her at her place.

"Wo(that)..mai(I).."

"Haan tum?" (Yes,you?) He urged her to speak further.

"Mujhe bahana nhi bnana aa rha koi." ( I ain't getting any lame excuse.) She sulked.

"Tou sach btao?" (Then tell me the truth?) He kept staring at her.

"Mujhe aap ki dulhan ka naam pta krna tha,( I need to know about your bride's name) aur Naina ny kaha tha k agr mai yahan ye btaon gi k aap ki shadi ho rhi hai tou jo sad lg rhi ho gi, wohi ap ki dulhan hai." (And Naina said that if I disclose it here that you are getting married then the girl who will seem sad,will be your bride.) She told with a sad pout.

"Tou mili ap ko meri dulhan?" (So did you find my bride yet?) He smiled inwardly as she gave her head a single nod.

"Aina!"