Chapter 19

"Mirha?"Arham called her name as she was about to leave his car.

"Ji?"

"Lets keep personal and professional life separate."

"Okay, Dr.Arham." she smiled.

And he nodded and she left the car.

Arham went ahead to deliver his lecture and Mirha to the opd.

"Hi Dr.Mirha how are you?" asked her collegue."you look nice today...where is your husband?" She continued.

"Thank you." Mirha smiled.

"Dr.Mirha...these are patient on list for surgeries." Her junior gave her the list.

"why didnt you submit it to Dr.Arham?"she asked taking the file from his hand.

"He wont be here for these surgeries,he is going for the conference you know." He replied.

"Oh, I totally forgot that,its okay,I'll check these,you go."

Arham was delivering the lec when he got a call...he took his phone out to see it was from none other than his begum and he declined the call.

His phone rang again.

"sorry guys i have to take this call."
excusing himself he attended the call.

"ji bolein?"( yes?)

"Ap ny mera phone kyun kata hai?"(why did you decline earlier?)

"Dr.Mirha do you have anything important to talk to?" He asked in a formal tone.

"Shouldn't i be the one asking this question?" Her reply came.

"Mirha mai class ly rha hon,kya baat hai,koi emergency hai?"(Mirha,i am in the class,is there any emergency?) He asked politely.

"Mai ap ko call nhi kr skti?"(can't I call you?)she asked and he looked at his phone amused thinking what happened to her.

"I'll call you in a sec."it was not the time to think so he ended the call continuing the lecture.

Mirha was upset,at first he didnt tell her that he was going for the conference and now he has the nerve to talk rudely to her.
it was half an hour later when someone knocked at her cabin door.

"aa jaein." (Come in.)

"aap ko dr.Arham bula rhy hain." (Dr.Arham is calling you.)

"acha."(okay.)

She knocked at his door,he opened the door for her.

"You called me in Dr.Arham?"She asked and Arham eyes got stuck on her face,more precisely on her lips adorned with her favourite red lipstick.He gulped looking at her.

"You called me Sir?" She repeated and his trance broke.

"baitho" (have a seat.) He said and she sat across his chair not looking at him.

"Nashta kr lein begum." ( have your breakfast.) He opened a sandwich for her.

"Mujhe nhi khana aur mujhe begum na bulaein." (I don't want to eat,and don't call me begum.) She was upset.

"Ka hwa hai Mirha?" (What happened Mirha?) He asked all concerned.

"Hum hospital hain na,tou professional rhein na...(we are in hospital,stay professional,don't call me begum.)

"Mirha.." He sighed.

"agr koi kaam nhi hai tou jaon mai?" (If there is nothing to do,shall i take your leave?) She asked.