9. LIMELIGHT

LIMELIGHT

Enrique

My eye hurt so much but I chose not to complain. I don’t want to bother Marsh by complaining about my eye. I know he feels bad, but it’s not his fault. He still refuses to let me buy groceries and offers to go himself.

“Goodness me! What happened to your eye?” Sarah asked. Today was photo shoot day. The movie is almost done and the cast will now take a few photos to display all over the country. 

Imagine that. My face somewhere in New York or Chicago looking down at everyone.

“Uh. I got into an accident.” I said. The bruise had gone down a bit.

“Well. Nothing a bit of makeup can’t fix. CLAIRE!” Sarah yelled. A woman came and Sarah signaled to me. Claire grabbed my face and examined it. She nodded to Sarah. Before I could say anything, I was hauled onto a chair and makeup was put on me. After a few minutes, I looked into the mirror. I looked back to normal.

“Photo time, gents.” Victor said. I got off the chair and thanked Claire. Making my way to the set, I saw my co-stars. Chloe Granados, Samuel Lee, Kimmy Hudson, and my favorite person…

Marshall Cromwell. 

We were organized into a sequence. Since I was the supporting actor, I was in the front. Marshall turned to me and smiled, making me heat up.

“Alright everyone. Give me ‘I just won an award but I don’t care’ face.” I didn’t know what the photographer said but I tried my best.

“Excellent. Keep that face!” He said. Flashes happened and my eyes were blinded by them. 

For a few hours, we took several different photos. Some were individual photos and others were group photos. At one point, Marshall had accidentally touched my bottom. I turned and he apologized. However, it felt like his hand was still there. And it was an amazing feeling.

Once the photos were done, we were allowed to go home. Marshall was asked to stay back. Since he was my ride (cause we live together now), I had to stay.

“Since you’re the main actor, we would like to take a few more explicit photos. Are you okay with that?” The photographer asked. Marshall gulped and turned to me. I shrugged.

“Let’s do it!” He said, a hint of nervousness in his voice.

“Great! Take off all your clothes.” The photographer said.