10. PUT MY APRON ON

PUT MY APRON ON

Marshall

Genius!

That’s the word I would use to describe Enrique. His idea for each of us to raise money was something I would have never thought of. 

“I got the food. What will you be cooking?” I asked Enrique. Enrique came up with the idea to sell food. It was perfect. His cooking, if I do say, is spectacular. 

“We’ll see. I’ll make something people will enjoy.” He said. He went through the bag and removed all the ingredients I bought. He inspected each one and made small piles.

“Do you have to cook. I’m sure we can do something the both of us could do.” I said. I felt useless. Since I can’t cook, I’ve decided to just stay in the living room and be out of Enrique’s way.

“I mean, I could strip again.” He said. He smiled at me while I shook my head.

“No no no no. Cooking is fine!” I said quickly. I tried to suppress the images of Enrique stripping because I didn’t need to be excited right now. 

Enrique stared at the food for a while, going through everything. He mumbled to himself while I just sat in a chair, aweing at En. After a few minutes, he began to pull out pots and pans and sat everything up.

“Do you have an apron I could borrow?” He asked me. I nodded and got up and found one. When did I get this? I don’t remember.

“Here. Put my apron on.” I said.

“Could you put it on for me?” He asked. I walked up to him, his back turned to me.

I ruffled out the apron and set it to the front of him. I pulled on the strings and made sure it fit him perfectly. My mouth was right next to the crook of his neck. My breath fanned his ear. I took in a large whiff of his hair. He smelled of lavender. I tied the strings to the apron.

“Is it tight?” I asked raspily into his ear.

“Not enough.” He said, in a deep voice.

I untied the apron and then knotted the strings much tighter. I made a knot and then suddenly made the strings tighter. He let out a small gasp and lunged forward. When he lunged forward, his bottom stuck out and he grinded on my crotch. 

“Is that tight enough?” I asked.

“Mmhmm. It’s tight enough.” He said. He stood back and turned. His face was red while I smirked at him. I moved one of his curls behind his ear.

“Well, are you going to cook or keep looking at me?” I asked. 

“Right. Go to the living room and watch TV. Don’t bother me.” He said. I picked up a tomato and threw it on the floor and laughed. I picked it back up quickly when he held up a knife.

While I sat on the couch, I would steal glances at Enrique and see him cooking. His movements matched whenever he would act and strip: smoothly. I think I’m falling deeper in love with him.

“So, what are you making?” I asked. 

“Nachos.” He said. 

After about an hour, the house smelled amazing. I closed my eyes and recalled the days when I would come home from school and would smell my mom’s cooking. No doubt she’s proud of me right now. She must feel so happy that her sons are living their lives. My older brother is at Yale while I’m starring in a movie.

I wonder about Enrique’s life. All he said was that he came from Mexico. But that’s it. He never spoke about his past. If I’m going to fall for him, I want to know more about him.

“Marsh! Are you there?” Enrique’s voice snapped me out of my daydream.

“Hmm. Yeah? I’m here.” I said. He stood next to me. And he didn’t have a shirt on.

“I need a shirt. All mines are dirty.” He said. I stared at his muscular chest. His abs and pecs glistened with sweat. I wanted to trace my fingers over them.

“Umm. I’ll give you one.” I said. He put on my shirt while I watched him. He looked so adorable in my clothes.

“Where do you want to sell?” I asked. 

“Right outside MGM.” He responded. We spent a few minutes packing all the food and taking them to the car. 

“Help!” En said. I saw him struggling with a huge pot. I giggled, enjoying seeing him struggling with the weight. I went to help him and we took the pot to a table we had set up.

Once everything was done, En began to serve the food. We waited for the clock to hit 2:00 pm, which was when many of the MGM employees would go on break. When they came out, the smell of the food attracted them to our location. Slowly, many people came to buy food. Soon, our spot was crowded with many people. I jumped in and started helping. My new role was to collect the payments.

Within the hour, we sold out. It was all gone. I was a bit upset because I wanted to try En’s food. 

“We did it!” En excitedly said. He held the box of money and shook it, hearing the money move around.

“Let’s go home and see how much we made.” I said. We packed up everything and drove home.

“Count it! Count it! Count it!” En said next to me.

“My, aren’t you a happy one.” I said. En settled next to me and sat as his legs brushed on mine.

I spent a few minutes counting how much money we made. During this time, En’s leg would shake which meant he was nervous. I put my hands on his knee to make him stop because it was making me lose focus. 

“$765.50!” I said.

“WOOHOO!” He said. He danced around and I laughed.

I stood up and danced with him, the only music playing was that in our heads and our laughter. We didn’t care how loud we were, because this was our world. And here, the center is us.

“Wait until they hear how much we made!” He said. I frowned because I was hungry myself.

“Are you okay? You look angry.” He said.

“I wanted to try your food.” I said.

“Aww. I think I have a bit left behind.” He said. He turned and pulled out a tray which was covered in aluminum foil. When he removed the foil, there was his cooking.

“Eat up, big boy.” He said. My mood shifted and I plopped down on the chair and began eating. 

This is my life now. And I wouldn’t change it any other way.

 ------

i'm sore as a mfker. i aint going to prom. but if you are, y'all do good! use protection and don't drink and drive!!

bye! i love you all!