13. THAT'S A WRAP

THAT'S A WRAP

Enrique

“Will you ever return home?” I said to Marshall.

“I’m not sure. Being in the home has made me see that life has more to it than being stuck on this hill.” He said.

“At least say goodbye before you leave.” I said.

“Goodbye, sir. Please look after our home. You're my best friend.” He said.

“And you’re the best man I know.” I said

“Goodbye.” He said. He leaned in and hugged me. I hugged him back and let a few tears escape my eyes. He turned away and carried his luggage.

He walked towards the front door. He took one final look around and said goodbye to all of us. I cried while he cried too. He looked forward to the outside where the sun was shining as a new day was dawning. He took in a breath of relief and exited the home, stepping out. And his return is to be left unsure. I cried more, not sure when I would see him again.

“CUT!” Victor Fleming said. The bell rang on the sound stage. 

“That’s a wrap, ladies and gentlemen!” Victor said. We all cheered. After months of filming, we finally finished The Lonely War Hero. Marshall stood next to me and cheered. We hugged each other.

“You were fantastic!” Marshall said while hugging me. He handed me a tissue to wipe off my tears. 

“So were you. For a moment I thought you were actually leaving me.” I shyly said.

“I would never leave you. At least not without saying goodbye.” He said. 

The celebration continued on as champagne was poured. I was able to talk with some of my co-stars more. Chloe, who played the cheating wife, is actually an amazing woman. She complimented my acting, saying that she felt herself tearing up watching me. 

“Enrique. I need to speak with you.” Victor said to me. I nodded and walked with him to a secluded room.

“So, pretty so we’ll be rolling out the posters for the movie. I just want to let you know that there may be some judgment regarding the supporting actor. If you’re able to, I want you to live with someone in a secure place.” Victor said. I began to worry a bit.

“I live with Marshall just a few minutes away from here. Is that okay?” I asked.

“Yes it is. Many theaters in the south don’t want to screen this movie. We want to show a clip of you acting to some of the theater owners and convince them to screen the movie. But either way, your acting is amazing, Enrique, and I’m sure you’ll get more roles in the future.” Victor said. His words encouraged me. Despite what the public might think about me, to hear Victor Fleming saying my acting is amazing is the peak of my ego.