i might like my new best friend

y/n's pov:

                                   i walk into the kitchen to see a tall man, wearing a flight suit underneath it a white shirt with a spot covered in blood. "what happened to you?" i asked curiously, "jesus! what happened to, 'hello, how are you?'?" older adam asked slightly startled, "sorry" i mumble.

i hear foot steps behind me, i turn my head and see that it's adam, "so, you still haven't told me why you're here" the young blue eyed boy told his older self. "i'll tell you later, right now i have to go do something".

we walk into the backyard, with my hand interlocked with adams, i looked down. HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT IM HOLDING ADAMS HAND AHH, we were walking in the woods "i can't believe you're future me" adam says in disbelief. "okay, you came to terms with that pretty quickly," "it's a little disturbing, actually." the other adam replied back.

 "so, why are you here?" the boy from the past asked, "rescue mission" "i wasn't supposed to land here, i was aiming for 2018." "i need to get there as soon as possible" the boy from the future replied,  "who were you trying to save in 2018?" adam asked curiously.

he looked at me, then turned his head to wherever he was looking at, "really?" he asked. "fine, can you at least tell me how you got here?" adam asked. "i'll show ya" older adam replied.

the man with the flight suit led us to this place with half burned down trees. woah, "woah, what in the world of futures happened here?" i asked, hearing a chuckle from the boy who's hand's holding mine. i see older adam take some sort of necklace thing out from his suit.

clicking a button on it, we see a bright flickering light for a few seconds, then returning back to black. "what was that?" adam asked flashing his flash light to the direction of the flickering, "crap" older adam said, "what?" i replied.

"uh, we're gonna switch to plan A" "which is where you come in" future adam said looking at adam next to me, "you see, time jets, like all tech in the future" "is coded to it's users DNA", "because i'm injured," he cuts him self off by groaning, "the jet won't even clear me to fly-", "which means, you can't go up there to fix her. but adam can?" i ask.

both adams look at me with a shock on their faces, "y-yea exactly" older adam says. future adam hands adam the necklace thing, i look up and see the light again into the shape of a jet. "there she is" older adam said looking up at the jet.

 i see the air ship open from the bottom, and a board looking thing came down to us, "away we go" older adam told us, we stepped onto the board as it ascended us back inside the jet, i held onto adams hand a bit tighter.

"there isn't enough room for the three of us so, one of you guys would have to sit on the others lap" older adam mentioned obviously lying, "there's literally space over there" i said pointing at next to the chair in the middle of the jet, "uh no, i don't think you'll fit in there, just do it, what harm would happen?" he replied, "ughh fine" i muttered.

adam sat down on the chair, i sat down on his lap, i can feel him breathing down my neck, which causes me to turn into a deep shade of red. 

"okay, let's see what we're dealing with here," "alright, some minor shield damage, coolant leaks," " i don't know what that is, but when is a flashing red light ever good?" the man next to me said pointing to a red flashing light, i move my hand to press a button, but older adam moves my hand away.

  "ah-da-da-da-da-da-da" older adam exclaims "i know you want to touch all the pretty buttons with your sticky little child fingers, but the reactor has a quantum signature." he says, hovering over the buttons.

"you fire it up, they can find us.. if they're here." "who are 'they'?" i ask. "i'm glad you didn't ask me that because 'they' are classified" he replied to me. "we already know you're from the future" adam said also wanting to know.

"believe me, i regret that" he said while pressing buttons, "i had no intention of coming back to revisit... this." older adam said gesturing to adam's face. "jesus, okay." he said continuing to press the buttons, the jet screen thing made a chiming sound, "okay, i've isolated the damaged relays, so the ship should be able to start repairing itself." older adam told us. 

"how long will that take?" adam asked, "ah it's at fifty percent capacity, so hopefully less time than it takes me to heal." adams future self replied as he starts to leave the jet, i move from adams lap "wait" young adam said stopping adam from leaving the jet, both of us turn to look at older adam on the chair, his younger self flashing the flashlight on his face.

"do you remember this?" the boy next to me asked. "remember what?" older adam says covering the flashlight, "this. right here, right now." older adam let's go of the flash light, letting it flash on his face. "you being here in 2022?" adam asked "'know where you're going with this." his older self replied.

"if this is happening to me-" adam started "you're wasting your time." older adam cuts him off. "that means it already happened to you." "unless it works as a multiverse" "woah" i say.

"where each ripple creates an alternate timeline" i say completing what adam said, "it's not a multiverse! my god, we watched too many movies." he exclaimed back.

"we just wanna know" i tell him, older adam sighs, "okay," he pauses for a second "okay, the prevailing wisdom is that when i go back to my fixed time," older adam starts, "my memory, our memories, they reform, they reconcile." 

"but not while i'm here." he continues. "fixed time? what's that?" i ask. "there's only one place in time where you belong on a quantum level, where you're not screwing around with the cosmos like i am." he takes a deep breath "that is your fixed time." 

"so by being here and telling me this, you may have changed our whole future?" adam said, "honestly? your future is pretty tragic either way." he said turning the flashlight on, on our faces. both of us were shocked as our jaws were hanging open.

future man laughed "i'm kidding! i'm kidding." he said, he turned off the flashlight "i'm not kidding" he told us in a monotone voice. 

he turned the flash light again "i'm kidding. let's go, come on." he said leading me and adam back to the house. 

"hey adam i think i need to get back home" i told him, "oh, yeah sure do you want me to walk you back?" he asked me, "nah, i'll let you stay with your future self to get to know you better" i said chuckling. "yea, okay see ya" he said with a smile, "see ya" i reply back.

i leave the house taking out my phone and earbuds, i turn on my playlist and jam to songs until i get back home. reaching the house i turn off the song that was blasting in my ears, i could hear muffled chattering from the tv, opening the door i see mom watching the tv on full volume.

i went straight up to my room not wanting to face my mom right now. i opened my room door and plopped on my bed, i hear my phone chime, i look up at it and i see that adam texted me. i feel a smile come up on my face.

adam :]

thank you for believing me lmao

no problemo :)

i'm about to pass out so imma head to bed

lmao that rhymed 🧌

gfuisabfuu ok good night <3

good night <3

----------------------------

i changed into pjs and headed to sleep with a smile on my face, for the first time in a while. the last thought i had was i might like my new best friend. 

A/n

FINALLY NEW CHAPTER UPDATE i'm trying to be more productive the the writing schedule but with school and shit it's stressful. 

Edit: I FORGTO TO REMOVE THE TROLL EMOJI WHAJSJDJDJ