Henry x sister!reader - Sick on Halloween

When you woke up on the morning of Halloween you felt like shit.

You had been fighting a nasty cold the last few days, and apparently your wish to get well in time for Halloween had not been fulfilled.

You were feeling better than yesterday, yes. But you were absolutely in no state to go trick or treating, or do anything else that involved being outside.

When you sat up in bed, Henry, who was already up, noticed you were awake and came over to your bed to check on you.

"How you doin'?" he asked, putting his hand to your forehead to check your fever.

"Better." Your voice was still scratchy, and your throat hurt. "But not good enough do do much. Why do I have to be sick on Halloween of all days?!" you complained.

"It's fine, we can just stay inside and watch some horror movies." Henry tried to comfort you.

"You sure you don't just wanna go out with the guys without me? I don't want you to miss out on all the fun just 'cause I'm sick."

Henry shook his head.

"Nah, we ain't going without you. You're the one who's obsessed with Halloween after all."

He laughed a little.

You smiled. "Alright then."

"So, what movie are we gonna watch first?"

It was early in the evening and you were all at Patrick's place, because 1) he was the only one of the gang who had a tv in his room and 2) his parents were the least likely to bother you.

When Henry had told the boys you were still too sick for any outside activities, it hadn't taken much to convince them to have a movie night instead of roaming the streets terrorizing younger kids.

You didn't have to think about what movie you wanted to see, immediately answering, "The Lost Boys!"

Vic, who had asked the question, rolled his eyes.

"Of course. Why do I even ask?"

You grinned sheepishly and shrugged.

"I can't help the fact that it's my favorite."

You grabbed the VHS tape of the movie and handed it to Patrick so he could put it in the recorder.

He raised an eyebrow at you, but took it from your hands none the less.

"Who said you get to pick what we watch, huh?"

"The night is long enough for each of us to get a chance to pick a movie! And it's only fair if I get to pick first because I'm sick and probably won't be able to stay awake very late."

Patrick shrugged and put the tape in, but couldn't stop himself from commenting, "that one isn't even scary."

"It doesn't have to be scary, it has vampires on motorcycles and that's all it really needs to be good. We can watch something actually scary later, now shut up or I'm gonna make you watch the Rocky Horror Picture Show with me," you threatened.

Patrick responded with a grin and a mocking salut, as Belch asked, "what's the Rocky Horror Picture Show?"

You shook your head, grinning.

"You don't want to know, believe me."

As you all got comfortable on Patrick's bed, you were shaken by a coughing fit, causing Henry to tightly wrap you up in a blanket.

Vic, sitting on your other side, scooted away from you.

"Don't you dare get me sick too!" he warned you, only half joking.

You kicked him, opening your mouth to tell him to fuck off when the opening credits started playing, causing you to hush everyone.

You wormed your arms out from under the blanket to grab a chocolate bar and a can of energy drink from the bedside table, before snuggling close to Henry.

It would be a long night.