Bowers Gang x reader - Annoying

Requested by Psychoboy1996 :)

There were a lot of things people said about the Bowers Gang. They called them mean, scary, intimidating. They said they were bullies, no good, and that you should keep out of their way if you valued your own wellbeing.
But as far as you were concerned they could be described with one little word: annoying.

Just a few weeks ago you'd had nothing to do with them, and if you ever spared them any thought it was the same that everyone thought.

You didn't know them, and you didn't want to know them.

Everybody knew they were trouble, and while you weren't exactly a goody-two-shoes either, you didn't go out of your way to create problems where they weren't needed.

You'd never had any issues with the gang, and you kept away from them in order to keep it that way.

But one fateful day not long after the start of a new school year things changed. That had been a few weeks ago now, but you well remembered how it all began.

It hadn't even actually had anything to do with them.
You had bumped into one of your classmates in the hallway, one of those pretentious snobs, causing him to spill the water he was drinking all over himself, and he'd made a scene.
You couldn't stand these kind of guys, and had gotten into plenty of fights with them before, so since there weren't many people around you didn't hesitate to simply backhand him when he wouldn't stop yelling at you.

Cutting a long story short, the Bowers Gang had witnessed the whole thing, and immediately taken a liking to you.
You shared a class with Vic and another with Henry, but since you were generally rather quiet and kept to yourself, the boys had never really noticed you before, but from that moment on they were determined to befriend you.

They made it a habit to follow you around at school, crowding around you at lunch and offering to drive you home when classes were over.

The first few days had been very stressful.
You hadn't known why they had taken notice of you all of a sudden, or what they wanted from you, and it honestly creeped you out a little. They didn't outright tell you that they wanted you to be their friend, and it wasn't until you snapped and asked them what the hell they wanted from you that you found out.

You were sceptical at first. They had a reputation after all, and while you weren't the type to get bullied normally, you couldn't help but wonder if this was supposed to be some kind of prank. But as they kept hanging around you, you came to accept that they didn't have any bad intentions.

They went out of their way to do you all kinds of favors, trying to prove to you that they weren't so bad in hopes you'd agree to be their friend.

These favors ranged from simple things like saving you a seat at lunch, to blackmailing nerdy classmates into letting you copy from them in subjects you were struggling with.

That was all nice and well, but the way they trailed after you all day like lost puppies was more than a little annoying. You weren't looking for new friends, and you had been doing just fine before the Bowers Gang entered your life, but they didn't seem to care that their presence was extremely disruptive to your daily routine.

People noticed how they hung around all the time, and started avoiding you. You'd always managed to get by without drawing much attention to yourself, just doing your own thing, but these times were over thanks to the boys. Your reputation had taken a turn from nonexistent to being known as one of the baddies, and you hadn't even done anything yet.

...Okay, fine, that's not entirely true, you had slapped someone, but that was all. It shouldn't have been a big deal, and it wouldn't have been if it wasn't for Henry Bowers and his group.

Now when you were walking around school by yourself people looked around to see where 'your gang' was, giving you weird looks when they realized you really were on your own, and even the teachers seemed to have noticed who your new buddies were.

The boys had decided they wanted you to join their gang, and apparently you didn't get a say in the matter.

You couldn't deny you were getting used to having them around you.
So far you still hadn't officially accepted the friendship they were offering you, but you caught yourself looking forward to seeing them at school more and more often, and didn't even protest when Vic switched seats with one of your classmates to sit next to you in the class you shared.

They were still annoying, you'd never change your mind about that, but they were annoying in a very endearing way, and you thought that maybe you'd say yes the next time they asked you to hang out with them after school.

"Hey, Y/N!"

Ah. There they were.
You'd been wondering where they'd be waiting today, having long abandoned all hopes of getting to class without seeing them first on any given day.

"Hi Henry. You guys are here early today."

"Yeah. We know you're writing that super difficult math test today–", Belch started, but was interrupted by Patrick. "We have the answers for you."

"Oh. Cool. Thanks guys, that's... very nice of you."

This shouldn't even have surprised you anymore at this point, but while you had gotten used they boys' presence, you still weren't accustomed to the often rather questionable favors they did you.

If you'd known they would find a way to help you cheat on this test you certainly wouldn't have spent all these hours studying for it.

"Don't mention it," Henry brushed you off.

You nodded and turned to head into the classroom, but the boys stopped you.

"We're gonna go to the movies after school, you wanna come?"

You thought about it for a moment. If you said yes that would be equivalent to accepting their friendship, then you'd never get rid of them.

But the thing was, you didn't want to get rid of them anymore.

So you said, "sure. What are we gonna watch?"