Henry x reader - Overprotective

Requested by Psychoboy1996.
I'm not sure if this is what you had in mind, but I hope you like it anyway!

This ain't my day. This really ain't my fucking day. That's what you had thought to yourself again and again ever since you had gotten up this morning.

It had already started with the way you woke up: Your neighbors were having an argument, at full volume, right in their front yard, unaware or uncaring that it was five in the morning.

No matter how hard you tried to go back to sleep, it was impossible, so you rolled out of bed and went to the kitchen, set on making the best of it.
First of all that meant breakfast.
So far, so good.

Then you somehow managed to pour milk all over yourself while eating your cereal, but, hey, you were still wearing your pajamas anyway.

You tossed them in the wash and got dressed for the day, before going back to the kitchen with the intention of making a sandwich to take to school as lunch, only to find that you were out of peanut butter.
What the hell were you supposed to put on your sandwich now?

With a sigh you grabbed a granola bar instead and tossed it into your backpack.

You used the almost two hours you had left until your friends would pick you up to catch up on the homework you should have done the day before, and surprisingly actually managed to finish it just in time.
You had just finished packing it in your backpack, when you heard a car honking outside and knew it Belch's Trans Am.

By now you had almost forgotten about your bad start into the morning, but the universe was insistent on further ruining your day. The second you stepped out the door it started to rain, and by the time you had reached the car you were drenched.

When Belch wished you a good morning that earned him a glare that could have sent anyone who wasn't your friend running.

"Nothing about this morning is good," you growled.

Patrick laughed at you from the backseat, and you turned around to glare at him, too.

"Fuck off, Hockstetter."

As the school day dragged on, your mood didn't improve, and that also affected your best friend Henry.
When you were grumpy, he was grumpy, too, that's how it was with you two.

The fact that he didn't have anyone to blame for your bad day just made it worse, because if there had been someone actively causing you problems the both of you could have let your bad mood out on them.
But even so, Henry had such a short fuse he had to let it out on someone, and to nobody's surprise that someone happened to be part of the losers club.

It was lunch break, and Henry and you had snuck outside for a smoke, when Eddie Kasprak walked by.

Your best friend jumped at the chance to let out some of his frustration and immediately started making fun of the boy and pushing him around.
You didn't feel like joining in, continued to smoke your cigarette while you watched.

Then Eddie tried to make a run for it, probably in hopes of making it back inside to the crowded hallways where he'd be relatively safe, but he didn't see that you were standing right in his way, so he inevitably collided with you.

You hadn't been expecting it and lost your balance, letting out a pained hiss when your knee hit the hard ground.

Now Henry really was pissed. Hurting his best friend was absolutely unforgivable, and he immediately went after the boy.

He caught up to the loser, pinned him to the wall and punched him in the face. By then you had gotten up and put a hand on your best friends shoulder to stop him.

"Calm down, Henry, it's fine. Let's just go, okay?"

He didn't punch Eddie again, put made no effort to let go of him either.

"Apologize," he demanded of him.

The boys gaze turned to you, and he quickly stuttered out a, "Sorry, it wasn't on purpose, I swear."

You nodded in acknowledgement and asked Henry to lay off him again.

He reluctantly let him go, giving him another forceful shove as he hurried away. Then Henry turned to you, and his expression immediately softened.

"You okay?"

"Yeah. Just scraped my knee, is all."

"You should have let me beat him up," he complained.

"Henry, he didn't run into me on purpose! You can't keep beating up everyone who ever inconveniences me even the slightest."

"Yes I can."

"I don't want you to, though! I appreciate it, but I can take care of myself when it's necessary, there's no need for you to be so overprotective."

"I know you can handle yourself, but that doesn't mean I can't protect you when I get the chance. And I'm not overprotective! Just protective."

"Sure, Henry. Whatever you say."