Bowers Gang x reader - Fake Friends

Requested by hellbound06.
I hope you like how this turned out!

A/N: Just a heads up, this story mentions seeing a cat die and being treated badly by people you consider friends.

Henry and his friends were hanging out in his room.
Usually they avoided going to his house because of his dad, but since he was at work the boys had decided to go there anyway. Various reasons prevented them from going to one of the other's places today, and the weather wasn't nearly good enough to hang out outside.

"Where did you say Y/N is again?" Vic wanted to know from Henry.

"She went to hang out with Greta and these other bitches."

The boys wore matching grimaces of disgust at the thought of the girls in whose company Henry's sister currently was.

They had started hanging around her at school last month, and at first Y/N had disliked them just as much as the boys did.
But it was hard to avoid them since she shared almost all of her classes with them, and they seemed absolutely adamant on befriending her.

Y/N eventually grew to enjoy their company. She'd never had any girlfriends, she'd always simply been part of Henry's group. As much as she loved the boys it was nice to have friends of her own for once, to be around other girls, even if they were the bitchy, annoying kind.

The boys were a lot less happy about it, especially her brother.
Henry didn't like the way these girls were influencing his sister, how they tried to turn her into a preppy pink priss like themselves. He knew how much she hated that, knew how much she still enjoyed being one of the boys when she was with the gang. Yet she kept ditching them to hang out with the girls, kept letting them put makeup on her and paint her nails in shrill colors she hated.

When Henry asked her why the answer had been vague, but what it came down was that she wanted to fit in. He had tried to convince Y/N she didn't need them, that she had the boys and that should be enough, but all that had led to was an argument about how he was trying to boss her around, so he had dropped the topic and never brought it up again.

"One of you guys has to talk to her and get her to stop spending so much time with them. She doesn't wanna listen to me when I tell her these bitches aren't her real friends," Henry said now.

"What makes you think she'll listen to us when she doesn't even listen to you?" Belch asked, and Henry shrugged.

"You know she doesn't like when I tell her what to do. If you guys talk to her she won't feel like that. Just make it sound like you're only saying it because we miss her hanging out with us."

"But that really is why we're saying it, isn't it?"

"Well, yeah. But not only. It's also because there's no way someone like Greta would actually wanna be friends with Y/N. Either they're planning to make fun of her somehow or they want to use her for something."

"Okay, so who's gonna talk to her?" Vic asked. "Or should we just do it together?"

"Definitely not Hockstetter," Belch said.

"Hey, I can be very convincing!" the boy in question complained. "Five minutes and I'll talk her into never wanting to see any of them ever again."

The group bickered back and forth about who would be the best for this conversation, but before they came to a decision Henry's gaze fell out the window and on his sister.

You were lying in the driveway on your back, arms spread out on either side of you, face turned upwards into the rain that was pouring from the sky.

Worry crept into Henry's heart at the sight, thoughts racing through his mind.
Why were you back already when you had planned to stay out until suppertime? And what the hell were you doing lying on the ground? Had something happened to you? Were you hurt and unable to get up?