Bowers Gang x reader - No big deal

Requested by hellbound06. Sorry it's so short, but I hope you like it anyway!

"Where the hell is Y/N? Class starts in a few minutes."

The Bowers gang was worried. It was very unlike you to be late. The only reason the boys were there early was because you always got to school early, and they wanted to spend every second they could with you.

As their best friend and crush, though you were blissfully unaware of being the latter, you were the calming force keeping them in check, and they grew restless when you weren't there even though you should have been.

They were about to give up waiting and go inside, thinking maybe you were sick and therefore staying home, when they finally saw you.

"Sorry I'm late, guys," you apologized. "Shouldn't have stayed up so late, I totally overslept."

But that was the least of their concerns right now.

"What the fuck happened to you?!", Vic asked.

You looked down at the bruises and scraps on you knuckles, uncomfortably aware of the matching bruise on your cheek.

"Got into a fight. No big deal." You shrugged. "Let's go inside, we'll be late to class."

"No big deal?! That bruise looks like pretty big fucking deal to me!", Henry said, already imagining the hell he would be putting whoever had hurt you through.

"Yeah! Who the fuck did that to you, we'll beat his ass," Patrick agreed.

"Calm down guys. It's fine, I handled it. And just for your info, it was me who threw the first punch," you said, walking into the building, trusting they would follow you. They always did.

"Okay... And why?", Belch asked. He knew you never started fights without a good reason.

"He was– uh, well... bothering me."

Henry stepped in front of you, blocking you from reaching your classroom.

"What did he do?", he asked.

You fought the urge to roll your eyes. You knew the boys meant well, they were always rather protective of you, and this naturally worried them, but couldn't it wait until later? You needed to get to class!

"He was flirting with me and being rather... intrusive."

The boys' faces darkened, and you knew if the offender had been here right now they would have started a fight.

Henry took a closer look at your hands.

"I hope you really hurt him. Should've used brass knuckles," he grumbled.

"Yeah, well, unfortunately I don't own brass knuckles. But don't worry, I totally showed that asshole." You couldn't keep a hint of pride out of your voice.

"But he punched back."

"Yeah. But only once. After that he was too busy crying on the ground."

At that moment the bell rang, signalling you were officially late for class.

"I'll tell you all the details later, okay?"