Chapter 2

Stiles opens his eyes, and he's in a train station.

At least it looks like a train station, but not one he's been in before, and he has no idea how he got there.

Stiles looked around, and everyone is silent and still.

"Excuse me." he whispers to the woman next to him, aware of how loud even his whisper sounds in the quiet room. "Sorry where are we?"

"We are at the train station." The woman answers, as if it is obvious.

"Right, okay, helpful." Stiles says. "Which train station exactly."

The woman looks at the arrivals board, then back to Stiles. "Train station number 137." she replies then looks away.

"Did you see me come in?." Stiles asks confused.

"No." she says, shaking her head.

"How long have you been here?." Stiles asks.

"Maybe an hour." she says

"We got here at the same time." The man on the other side of the women says, and Stiles looks over. "It's been at least six hours." he adds.

"Six hours?."

The man nods.

"Where are you going?." Stiles asks.

The man and woman look at each other, as if they both realise, that they don't actually know.

"I had a ticket with me somewhere." the woman says, searching her pockets.

Stiles watched her pat down her clothes. "Do you always travel in your work clothes."

The woman looked down, she was wearing scrubs, a white lab coat and a stethoscope. "I must have been in a rush." she answers.

Stiles stares at her for a minute, confusion on his face, before moving off the bench and walking towards the ticket office. He notices a 'back in 5 minutes' sign and sees that the counter is thick of dust, like no one has even been there in months.

"Do you know if anyone works here." Stiles asked before he is interupted by an anouncemnet on the speakers.

'The following stops have been cancelled. Hollatine, Baddon, Bay Burry, Deer Ridge, Red Oak, Trenton, Anderson, King Springs'

All the people get up  from their seats and head towards the Tunnel. Stiles follows. "Do you know which train is coming?."

Wind sweeps through the tunnel bringing with it rustling leaves and the sound of the Ghost Riders on horseback. The people start to panic and flee, taking refuge behind rows of pews as the Ghost Riders enter and dump a tied up man on to the ground. The mans bonds disappear in a puff of green smoke. The Ghost Riders tear through the station knocking people down as they ride.

Someone grabs Stiles and pins him behind a column. Someone Stiles never thought he would see again. Peter Hale

"It had to be you." Peter says in annoyance but also relief.

The ghost riders return through the tunnel and everyone in the station immediatly returns to their seats and their formerly docile disposition. Even Peter steps away from Stiles and ruturns to his seat.

"Peter?." Stiles asks.

"Peter? what are you doing here? how are you here?"

"What do you mean, 'how am I here?." Peter says. "Im here, you are here, we are all here. Now get the hell away from me Stiles."

Stiles looks around at everyone else sitting, waiting for a train, he doesn't know why, but he knows something is wrong.

"Hey Peter, Peter, Peter. what are you doing?"

"I'm waiting for my train." Peter says.

"Okay, did you not just see that?." Stiles asks.

"See what?."

"The horses. The hogtied businessman with the magically dissolving ropes?."

Peter looked at Stiles confused.

"I'm sorry, did anyone just see that." Stiles yelled, his voice echoing throught the station.

A few people turn to look, but then go back to staring at nothing .

"Do you mind, your blocking the arrivals board." Peter says to Stiles. "I'd like a little warning before my train arrives."

Stiles looks at Peter like he's gone mad. "Okay, so you're waiting for a train." Stiles tries again. "How did you get here?."

"Pretty sure I took a cab. "Peter answers.

"Last time I saw you, you were being locked away, in Eichen House."

Peter looks like he is trying to piece together two things that don't make sense in his mind. "I was in Eichen House." he says . Then looks up at Stiles. "Thanks to you."

"Memories good." Stiles says ignoring the last comment. "Can you rememeber how you got out?, did they discharge you?."

"No the power went out, and I ran like hell." Peter says.

"That's it, you just ran." Stiles says in disbelief.

"Yes that's it." Peter says getting annoyed. "I literally just ran away from the insane asylum that was holding me hostage."

Stiles can see peter looking around and clarity coming back to his eyes.

"How long have I been here?." Peter asks.

"The lockdown was 3 months ago."

"I've been missing for 3 months and no one came for me?." he asks insulted.

"Thats what the Ghost Riders do." Stiles says. "They erase you."

Peter's eyes widen. "Ghost Riders? Ghost Riders of the Wild Hunt?."

"Yeah, you know what im talking about?."

Peter sighed. "Of course I know what you're talking about. They ride the lightening. They are an unstoppable force of nature. But, I promise you, they dont make pit stops in train stations. I've escaped one prison only to land in another one. And this looks like the underground lair of a depressed bureaucrat."

"Come on, there's got to be a way out of this place right?." Stiles says. "Have you tried looking around? have you talked to anyone who knows anything?."

"If this is the Wild Hunt, there is no escape. You and I are doomed to ride the storm forever."

"Yeah we're not in a storm, we're in a train station." Stiles points out. But we can get out of a train station."

"We cant get out of here Stiles." Peter says again. "Because this place isn't real."

"What are you talking about?."

"Beacon Hills doesnt have a train station." Peter says.