Chapter 7

Stiles is a little confused when Peter isn't in any of the usual places they've been spending time, but the panic and worry that used to accompany Stiles is now replaced with curiosity. And so he continues to walk aimlessly through the train station, waiting for Peter to find him but enjoying a few moments of solitude.

Stiles finds Peter, laid down in a corner. Stiles doesn't say anything, he just lays next to him.

Stiles can't remember the last time he was this close to another person, just quietly enjoying their company. It's an unexpected intimacy that takes Stiles by surprise.

He turns on his side, so he's facing Peter, and that's when he realizes that Peter isn't mumbling to himself, he's humming. It's quiet and low in his throat and doesn't sound great. But Stiles is entranced. As he stares at Peter's profile, Peter shifts from humming to singing, quiet and off-key.

When I find myself in times of trouble
Mother Mary comes to me
Speaking words of wisdom
Let it be

And in my hour of darkness
She is standing right in front of me
Speaking words of wisdom
Let it be

Let is be, let it be
Let it be, let it be
Whisper words of wisdom
Let it be

And when the brokenhearted people
Living in the world agree
There will be an answer
Let it be

For though they may be parted
There is still a chance that they will see
There will be an answer
Let it be

Let is be, let it be
Let it be, let it be
Yeah, there will be an answer
Let it be

Let is be, let it be
Let it be, let it be
Whisper words of wisdom
Let it be

Stiles holds his breath as Peter's voice opens the floodgate of memories. He remembers his mum singing this song around the house. It was her favourite Beatles song.

How can he be forgotten if he remembers these little details so vividly? Surely that must mean he still exists. He can feel tears welling up in his eyes and he doesn't know if they are happy or sad, but knows he doesn't want Peter to stop.

"Keep going." Stiles breathes, barely a whisper, but he knows Peter will hear him.

There's the slightest hesitation before Peter continues:

Let is be, let it be
Let it be, yeah, let it be
Whisper words of wisdom
Let it be

And when the night is cloudy
There is still a light that shines on me
Shine on 'til tomorrow
Let it be

I wake up to the sound of music
Mother Mary comes to me
Speaking words of wisdom
Let it be, yeah

Let it be, let it be
Let it be, yeah, let it be
Oh, there will be an answer
Let it be

Peter must feel Stiles gaze on him, because he turns on his side so they are facing each other with an arm's length gap between them. Stiles smiles at him and slides his hand forward so it rests between them. Without looking down, Peter entwines their fingers, and it feels inevitable. Their fingers touching feels like both the tiniest of things, and also what every other chat and joke and moment together has been leading up to.

Let it be, let it be
Let it be, yeah, let it be
Whisper words of wisdom
Let it be

They just lay like that, staring at each other.

"You have a horrible voice." Stiles says through a wide smile.

"I know." Peter agrees, a smile playing on his lips.

"Sing it again." Stiles requests.

Peter must understand something of what Stiles is feeling and what the song means to him, because he smiles and nods and starts the song over.

And this time as Peter finishes the last verse, Stiles surges forward, grabs Peter by the shirt, and kisses him.

Peter's mouth automatically falls open, and he kisses Stiles back for a moment before pulling away. Stiles breathes heavily as Peter gazes at him, eyes searching for something. He must see what he's looking for in Stiles expression because he smirks and pulls the rest of Stiles body flush against his before kissing him again.

Stiles is a little surprised at his own boldness, he can't even remember making the decision to kiss Peter. But as their mouths slide together, and Peter's hands slide up his back to pull gently at his hair, all thoughts fly out of his head.

Peter's body is hard and firm against his, and Stiles can feel the heat radiating off him even through both of their clothes. He suddenly is aware of how cold and touch-starved he's been while trapped here, and in that moment he thinks he would do anything to keep Peter as close as possible.

Peter pulls at his hair, turning his head to expose Stiles neck. He licks a long stripe from Stiles jaw down to the collar of his shirt and then bites down, firm but with his human teeth. Stiles gasps and can feel the curve of Peter's smile against his skin.

Thoughts are swirling around his mind as Peter rolls them both so he's caging Stiles body to the floor as he slots their legs together, slowly grinding down onto Stiles.

It's rushed and frantic. Pants are pushed down to grab at each other, and the floor is cold and uncomfortable under them, despite the haze of pleasure. In the end, it's Peter's hand that wraps around both of them, stroking until they are both panting into each others mouths.

Stiles blinks up at Peter as he catches his breath, and he can't help but break into a wide smile.

"I am so glad no one ever comes down this hallway." he says, laughter bubbling up in his chest.

Peter stares at him, and for a heartbeat Stiles thinks he's ruined the moment. And then Peter erupts with laughter, bracing his forehead on Stiles shoulder. When they finally calm down, Peter slides off Stiles and collapses next to him, their bodies still pressed together. Stiles can feel himself growing restless and uncomfortable, unsure what to do now that the dynamic between them has shifted. He thinks he should maybe say something, that they should maybe talk about whatever this is.

Peter must be able to smell the shift in Stiles emotions, feel him suddenly restless against him, because after a moment he sighs and pulls Stiles into him. Stiles relaxes as he nestles into Peter's chest.

"Whatever you're thinking, stop." Peter says against Stiles ear.

And so Stiles does. He lets himself sink into Peter's embrace and just enjoy the warmth and safety he's feeling for the first time in ages. Stiles last conscious thought before he drifts into a post-orgasmic sleep, is that they will talk later, after all, they have all the time in the world.