Chapter 12 // part two

A/N: Okay, so this is late (one week and two days)! Hahah, anyways, here is part two. Let's see Ryan and Brendon work this out, guys ^-^ Have faith in them! Your input influences the outcomes and sequels, so comment your heart out~

This fic (not including any sequels or oneshots, etc) will be about 30 chapters? Yeah, it's kinda big, but the first chapters were short. Soooo... Let's get on with this installment in Ryan and Brendon's story... (Look for the 'Always' reference in the chapter and comment, whoever sees it first gets a dedicated chapter to them, as well as a minor role as someone in the fic!)

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/- 

Brendon's POV

My shoes thump against the concrete and the heart is pumping. I'm sore and tired but that's the least of my worries right now. I'm curently carrying my now-battered boyfriend, or what is usually him, across town in my arms. People are staring, they probably think I look like a fucking insane teenager running around with an abused Beagle puppy. 

But no, I'm much more than that.

I'm an abused, self-harming, in-the-closet-gay freak carrying his cursed, suicidal boyfriend, bound to a dog's body, beaten by his boyfriend's father, across the town to the back of a coffee shop. How quaint, this lonely little life. I used to kid myself, in thinking I was fine. But now I realize that I'm not. I can't stay with my father anymore. 

I practically collapse at the backdoor of the coffee shop, a sweaty, breathless mess. Ryan is still cradled in my arms and the back of my throat is burning. Kellin opens the door and helps me, still holding Ryan, into the break room. 

"Shit man, what happened?" Oh. Kellin doesn't really know what's going on. 

"Get some stuff to clean him up, Ryan's hurt--"

"Wait, Ryan's a dog? Woah man... That's weird." I glare at him.

"No, dumbass. Just get the fucking bandages and stuff." He quickly shuts up and shuffles out the room. 

---

On the drive to the forest through the next town, so dad won't see us, I explain Ryan and I's situation.  Kellin seems startled, and I realize how overwhelming it is, but he just nods and listens to everything I say. Ryan sits all bandaged up in my lap, and I can feel his small chest rising and falling in rapid, shallow breaths.  We get out the car in front of some house and run into the forest. We reach a different clearing, and I lay Ryan down carefully.

"Babe, you gotta change. I know it's hard, but I need you to be able to talk to us." Ryan looks up at me and does what I guess is a nod. I look up at Kellin, and when I look back, Ryan is back to human form. 

"Bren," he fumbles weakly for my hand. I lean over and brush my lips against his and he smiles slightly, even though I can tell he's in pain. 

"I'm here, Ryan. It's gonna be ok. I'm not going back to my dad. We're going to be safe. We just need to do the.. The fucking ritual, as soon as possible. I did some research and the next full moon is the 25th--"

"That's tonight," Kellin interjects.

"Yeah, anyways... So we just need to find whoever tried to resurrect you. Which would be..." 

"My parents... Well, my mother. My dad, he uh... He died. Alcohol poisoning." His smile falters and he puts on a facade. I know he is beating himself up in trying not to cry again, because we've cried too much in these past two days.

"Oh. Well where's your mom?" Kellin says, sitting down awkwardly. He'd been standing there watching us the past few minutes, twiddling his thumbs.  Ryan's breath hitches at that. He starts stammering and I really don't think he realizes she has to be there for the ceremony. Well, he does obviously, but I guess he is just scared.

"She-she I um, she lives like- I don't- I- she--"

"Ryan!" He snaps out of it.

"She, she lives in this town. She lives a few streets away, actually... Last time I checked. Her name is Danielle." He then adds, "Ross. Danielle Ross." Kellin opens up his backpack and hands it to me.

"And we have everything else-- chalk, candles, the incantation, the knife, the sprigs... We just need one Mrs.Danielle Ross, whom just so happens to live next door to co-worker and friend of Brendon, Spencer Smith."

Wow. So Ryan and Spence were neighbors?

Ryan knew Spencer?

Even better,

I didn't know he lived next door to him?

Well... I guess we have to meet Ryan's mom. Hopefully it goes better than him meeting my father.

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

A/N:: Well, this is late but I hope you like it! I enjoy writing this so much because of you guys. This fic has gotten so much more support than I originally thought. Just think, eight or nine chapters ago, I was just gonna give up writing this because NO ONE was reading it! Well anyways, I'll update ASAP for you guys because I wanna write this ritual scene so bad. Then if all goes well, they get to go to school together aw aw aw ^~^