Battle For Kyoto

Before the chapter starts I would like to clarify that I was constantly looking at a map of Kyoto on Google Earth while I was writing this chapter.

Also heads up, there will be quite a bit of perspective changing in this chapter.

-------------------

Battle For Kyoto

---------------------

-Yunnan Rainforest, China 8:17 am-

On monitor after monitor the same thing was playing out. The monsters were waking up and rising from the Earth and Sea. People were dying, most in fear and panic, some fighting bravely, all outmatched by the awakening of these sleeping gods. At the center of it all was the three-headed dragon.

"What do you think is causing all of this?" One of the scientists asks.

"It's him, they're responding to his call." Dr. Chen answered, pointing up at the monitor showing Ghidorah. Suddenly the lights in the tent begin to flicker. One of the researchers from outside entered the tent.

"Dr. Chen, You should probably get over here, things are developing."

"where's Ling?"

"She's already outside."

Dr. Chen got up and grabbed a raincoat before making her way outside.

When she got outside the tent. She found her sister standing in the rain and looking at the cocoon.

"Ling" she shouted, trying to cut through the howling wind and driving rain. However she didn't turn around.

Chen noticed that the cocoon had begun glowing blue and green. Then the rain seemingly stopped as the thick clouds above them parted, allowing a ray of morning light to shine through.

The cocoon had begun rippling, pulsing. Tears started to appear on the fabric. From behind the waterfall a large, sharp insectile leg reached out. Then one of the floodlights sparked as they went out, then another.

The leg then retreated behind the glowing waterfall as the creature began crawling out of the cocoon. The light blue glow of the waterfall highlighted the creature's insectoid silhouette and large blue eyes as it climbed down onto the ground. They all watched as the creature then began to unfold its glowing blue wings to its full wingspan.

"Beautiful" was all Chen had to say as the creature let out a whistle-like cry before taking flight.

"Mosura" Ling muttered as she watched it take off into the sky.

-USS Saratoga 6:30pm-

"Moscow. London. Hong Kong. Cairo. Rio. All under attack. On every continent, these creatures are triggering earthquakes, wildfires, tsunamis, and disasters we don't even have names for yet." Stenz explained.

As he spoke, more images appeared. Ghidorah's storm was now slowly becoming many storms, from super-cells to immense squall lines as it traveled through the south eastern pacific.

As Mark looked at the map he began to think. Whatever this thing is, it was trying to tear the Earth's ecosystem back down to the bones and start over. Looking at the global tracking data, some interesting patterns began to emerge. There was something there, something he almost recognized.

"Now, we have tried to drive and lure the creatures away from populated areas but they don't seem to be responding. Their behavior is random. Erratic. And with these things roaming the globe unimpeded, we are running out of options. And time." Stenz continued.