The Feathered Serpent

Welp, it's definitely been a while since I posted a new chapter for this story.

I'm sorry that I made you all wait three months for a new chapter. The delay was due to a combination of being in community college, not much free time, a small bit of writer's block, and good old procrastination. I probably could have finished this chapter by early to mid October if I didn't procrastinate so hard.

It probably also doesn't help that since this is my own original arc, I have to mostly make it from scratch. Yes, I take inspiration from some things but for the most part It's original.

I'm aware that Laziness is no excuse and I will try my best to get the next chapter out as soon as I can.

I also want to point out that I plan on having one or two chapters between this arc and the next arc focusing around Godzilla retrieving Mothra and bringing her to Kyoto, as well as Godzilla training more with magic. The time between chapters has given me time to brainstorm Ideas.

Oh and for those who got mad about how I said I'm sticking to canon for this fanfic, you weren't paying attention. It starts with being close to canon due to the overall events of the supernatural side not being impacted that much by the existence of Godzilla and the other titans. However, as Godzilla becomes more involved in the events of DXD, the events of canon start to deviate more and more to the point where certain arcs play out very differently. This will be made more apparent in the next arc.

Also this chapter is filled with references to other stories feel free to tell me how many you find.

enjoy.

_________________________________________

The Feathered Serpent.

_________________________________________

— 25 km southeast of the Aral Sea, Uzbekistan 1:00 pm —

Soaring through the air, he makes his way to his first destination. It is a place he holds dear to him. A Great Depression in the earth that gave way to a large freshwater sea. He had always enjoyed bathing his feathers in the pristine, freshwater as opposed to the saltwater of other seas.

As he flew through the skies, he noticed the air felt different from the last cycle. The great wind currents that flowed across the planet did not flow the same as how he remembered, the air had also felt warmer than last time as well. However, the air wasn't all he noticed. Looking down, he saw great scars in the land that showed signs of terrible storms that ravaged the skies.

Something had happened while he was resting.

However, he felt that there was no need for his interference here as his instincts told him that there were places that needed him far more than here. After all, he is aware that the planet has survived far worse in its past.

As he approached his destination, he immediately noticed that something was very wrong. Much of his beloved sea had been dried up. Large, reddish brown structures were scattered across the dried bed of where freshwater once flowed. This place, that had been held so dear to him for much of his life, was now but a tiny fraction of its former self, much of it replaced by dry grassland and desert sand.

Flying to the edge of his great sea, he lands near the shoreline before placing the ends of his front wings on the ground and crawling into the water. As he entered the water, he noticed that it felt different. No longer did it bring him the comforting effects that he enjoyed but an irritation to his feathers. He bent down and dipped his beak into the water and tasted it. Immediately after taking a sip, he pulled his head back as his body and neck started to shiver from the strange taste.