The Three-Winged Crow

Welp, it's time for the first Natural side arc.

As I stated in my future arc plans, This arc starts the same day that Godzilla left to the Underworld and the main antagonist of this arc will be my own original titan. The arc will take place over the course of 3 days with the first day being the end of this chapter and start of the second chapter, the second day being the rest of the second chapter, and the third day being the third chapter.

I should also point out that I could have just not done this arc and just jump to arc 3 but I wanted to have an arc about Mothra because she deserves one and to sorta check on the status of the natural side.

Oh and starting from this chapter, every time I introduce a new titan or my own monsterverse version of an existing kaiju during a natural or natural-supernatural side arc, I'm going to put a profile of said titan at the end of the chapter. (Also if you want it to sound the best, read it in Gojicenter's voice)

I also want to announce that I have school starting next monday, so updates will likely begin to slow down because of that.

enjoy.

____________________________________

The Three-Winged Crow.

____________________________________

– 10km west of Emei Mountain, China 6:48pm –

Dr. Ishiro Serizawa gazed out the side door of the helicopter as it soared over the lush green landscape. Below him rested a tropical rainforest clinging to the rugged slopes and cliffs of the South China mountain ranges. Trees dominated the mountainsides, while bamboo groves thrived in the valleys created by the mountains. He couldn't help but admire the view as he took in the sight of nature. However, as much as he enjoyed the view, he wasn't here for that. No, he was here for something more important.

It had been over three and a half months since Monarch was formed following the events of four months ago. He, along with most of the group that he had been with during the infamous Battle of Kyoto were among the organization's founding members. In that time, they had been able to secure incredibly large amounts of funding, resources and equipment due to the exceedingly high demand involving the research and monitoring of the titans around the world. It was thanks to this that they were able to establish and construct several research and monitoring outposts around the world.

However, outside of expeditions on Skull Island, there hadn't been any major developments regarding the titans since almost all of them entered hibernation a little over a month ago. While there was that incident involving Titanus Otachi being spotted near Gwam over a week ago, nothing really major had happened.

As he looked out the window of the chopper once more he spied his destination.

A gigantic sinkhole carved down into the earth below from the side of the mountain. The rim of the hole was absolutely gigantic, easily almost 80 meters across, giving him a clear view of the bottom. But as he was flown closer, he saw that as the hole got deeper, the diameter also grew. The hole itself looked to be around 100-120 meters deep and at the bottom was what looked to be the entrance to a massive underground cavern.

This was what had drawn him all the way out to this location, all the way from his native Japan.

He eyed the sinkhole with a mixture of excitement and trepidation. The early reports he was sent had said that it was something big and very remarkable. The cavern entrance he spotted had been a clear indication of that. It most likely connected to a hollow earth cavern similar to the one that had been discovered in Antarctica two months ago. This alone was well worth the exhausting journey here.