Chapter 11

"What the fuck were you thinking?" Atlas blew up as he walked me to his car.

"What was 'I' thinking??" I snapped.

He gave me a face that screamed 'really?'. I threw him a snobby look back. "Get in the car." He told me as he climbed into the drivers seat.

"You can't take me home."

"For fucks sake Skylar I'm taking you to my house, not yours, we went over this already."

"Oh." I said not having remembered our past conversation. I drank too much. I climbed into the car and almost jumped back out to puke. Ugh- I'm not going to feel good tomorrow.

"Why would you come to Sawyers house? I thought you hated him." Atlas asked as he drove out of the driveway.

"I didn't know it was his place okay? Nora brought me and my friends without telling us who's place it was." I admitted.

"Fucking dumb." He whispered under his breath quietly. As he drove, I stared at his hand. His hands were big, he had one on the wheel and the other near his face as he covered his mouth deep in thought.

"What?" I asked, somewhat curious.

"Nothing. Take a nap or something, it'll be a while before we get home. And it'll make the ride nice and quiet for me."

"Fuck off." I responded, but I ended up falling asleep just as he said. The next thing I knew was the fact that we were at his house. I woke up to the sound of gravel and shaky ground, nothing like the highway.

"Wake up, we're here. Unless you'd like to sleep in here tonight, that might be best."

"Mmmm." I hummed with my eyes still shut.

"You're killing me." He sighed and climbed out of the car. I heard his footsteps as he walked around the front of the car and opened my door. He reached across me and unbuckled my seat belt, lifting my body into his arms. "If you throw up I swear I'll throw you away." He warned me.

"Shut up, the only trash around here is you." I spoke weakly. He carried me inside and I opened my eyes a little from the light difference. I felt safer somehow, even safer than I felt after getting in his car.

"Can you walk?" He asked as we stopped at the stairs. Oh, he wants me to walk up. Can I be a bitch? I shook my head no. He took a deep breath, "Okay, hang on." He changed the way he was carrying me, from bridal to my legs clasped around his waist and my arms hugging his neck. Comfy. Wait what? He started walking up the stairs and brought me to his room. I let go of him and flopped on the bed, sinking into it.

"You can sleep in here for the night, mom isn't home so you won't get caught or anything and get outed to your parents." He said as he turned to leave.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"To sleep in the guest room."

"You could have brought me there and you could have your room..."

"My room was the closest and you're heavy."

"I am not!" Bitch.

"Uh-huh. Just go to sleep, and get out first thing in the morning." He chuckled.

"Thank you..." I said to him giving a light smile. He opened his mouth to say something, but stopped himself. He rolled his neck around and looked at me again.

"Goodnight Skylar." And he shut the door.

————————————————————