Chapter 17

I went dress shopping with the girls over the weekend, we'd procrastinated the whole thing...which is bad because prom is in like three says. Sadie came too, even though her prom wasn't for another couple weeks.

"Hey Sky, what do you think?" Mattie called to me from across the room, she walked over with a long red strapless dress.

"Oh my god, go try that on right now." I exclaimed. She started bouncing up and down and turned toward the dressing rooms. I smiled and went back to looking for my dress, one I needed to catch Atlas' eyes with.

In the midst of my searching, Nora walked past me with seven different dresses on her arm. "Uh, Nora?" I asked her. She looked at me and pursed her lips like she knew exactly what I was thinking.

"So I don't really have a theme, and I don't really know what color I want, it's a work in progress." She said waving her hand and walked to the dressing rooms. I shook my head, this girl.

None of the dresses I saw really sparked my interest, I'm not really the kind of girl that wears... Nora kind of things. I don't know how else to explain it. I'm simple, a simple satin or velvet dress would do. Lace and sequins aren't exactly my style. But that's all I was seeing here.

I left the the girls and went to find some help, as I walked around I found a store employee, she looked nice, tall and buzz cut kind of hair. "Excuse me!" I called to them.

"Hi, need any help with anything?" The kind woman asked.

"Yes, I've been looking around for a while for a prom dress, do you have anything in stock that's like a royal blue but simpler?"

"Simpler?"

"Yeah, like no glitter or sequins. I'm just looking for a dress that's all solid and no patterns."

The employee stood for a minute biting her lip as she tried to think. Then she looked at me with excited eyes, "I think we have some stuff in the back. Come with me."

We went into the room behind the dressing rooms, where they kept new dress imports, everything looked amazing. I could see that all the dresses were color separated, thank god I wasn't going on a goose chase.

She showed me a few dresses, "Is this anything you're going for?"

"Oh my god... how much?"

——————————————————————

Altas~

I spent my weekend laying in bed, I felt groggy. My mind raced as I thought about Skylar. It's fucking ridiculous, this hold that she has on me. A few months ago, I wouldn't have given two shits about who she was going to prom with. More importantly, I'd have felt bad for the guy she was going with.

It got me to thinking, how did we even get here? So much has happened between us, things we've both initiated. Like her videoing me in the hallway, me saving that car from hitting her, me saving her from Casey, me attacking Casey, us in her bedroom...

Fucking hell.

"Hey dude." I heard a voice come inside my room, I look over to see Sawyer.

"The fuck? What are you doing here?" I asked confused.

"You weren't answering my texts and it was sort of pissing me off so here I am, either to kick your ass or get you to tell me who that girl is that's making you so depressed. Seriously dude, you're like a burden I have to carry on my shoulders."