Chapter 15

We said nothing. The whole ride home not a word was spoken between us, not that I really felt like saying anything though.

I saw Atlas glance over at me every once in a while, but I refused to take my eyes off of the road even once.

We got to his house and I parked the car, we climbed out and I gave a slight nod before walking the opposite way of the house.

"Where are you going?"

I stopped and turned around, "Uh, home?"

"Don't you need your phone?" He asked obviously.

"Oh right, yeah." I said walking passed him into the house, his mother was sitting at the kitchen counter and I had to stop myself and say hello.

"Skylar! Hi, how are you?"

"Hi Mrs. Sarsamo, I'm good how about you?" She proceeded to tell me the same, once Atlas got inside, her mood changed significantly. She started going off on him about how he hadn't said anything to her, how she was worried sick, how she almost called the police.

I thought it would be best if I just went and looked for my phone, I left the two of them to bicker for a little as I made my way up the stairs.

The first place my mind took me was his room, considering I'd slept there of course... I patted down the pillows and blankets to see if I could feel my phone anywhere. I checked the floors and the dressers, even his condom drawer. I knew it wouldn't be there, but my curiosity peaked as I wondered how many of them he'd used since I'd seen them last. But there wasn't any sign of my phone.

The last place I looked was under the bed, hoping that it had just fallen off the bed and made its way there. I grabbed a flashlight off of his night stand and looked through the underside of his bed. I let out small chuckles as I saw the things he kept hidden down there, things like old matchbox cars, cleats too small to fit his feet, school year books.

As I saw the year books, I put my little scavenge on hold as I started to flip through them. It almost made me shiver seeing Atlas grow throughout his photos from kindergarten to eleventh grade. But in a good way...

As I flipped through the pages, I heard his bedroom door open, I turned my eyes to see Altas strutting in defeatedly.

"What happened?" I asked. He shrugged his shoulders and sat down on the bed.

"My mom is just in a craze right now." He replied. "Why do you have my year books out?" He asked as he looked down at me on the floor.

Hey his face looks good from this angle.

"I figured my phone fell under the bed so I grabbed a flashlight to look and I found these there." I said blandly as I continued to flip through.

I let out a breathy chuckle as I looked at myself in the books. I really did look different back then. "You didn't cross out my face." I let out an approving half-smile.

"What, did you cross me out in yours?" He asked sounding semi-unpleased.

I mean, yeah I crossed him out. Before now, he really pissed me off and I could hardly stand to see his, 'I seem to be just realizing', handsome face.

I rolled my eyes and didn't answer. "Skylar did you really cross me out?" He asked again.

"Well yeah. I don't know if you've forgotten or something, but we don't like each other. Me helping you today was purely the person I am."

"Purely the person you are?" He mimicked me. "And what about me saving your fucking virginity and going after your assaulter? Was that just me purely being the person I am?"