Chapter 23

Atlas~

"Are you shitting me right now?" Sawyer said getting ready to throw my controller. "There's no way you're not cheating. We started ten minutes ago and you already have eleven kills?"

I grinned evilly at him. "Hey if you're just bad then say that." He stared at me in awe and disgust, only Sawyer could make a face as complex as that. "Hang on my phone's ringing." I said pausing the game.

"Fuck you." He said under his breath as he slumped down on the beanbag. I walked over to my bed and saw my favorite contact on the screen.

"Hey."
"Hey. I was just calling to- what the hell is going on over there?" She paused abruptly to the sound of Sawyer whining.
"Here, hang on I'll put you on speaker." I put the phone to the center of the room. "Hey dipshit, Skylar's on the phone."
"Dipshit? Oh, hey Sawyer." She said laughing her way to the top of Sawyers kill list. His face turned from an annoying child to a psychopaths. "I'll just... yeah." I put the phone back to my ear and left my room.
"Okay so continue, what were you calling about?"
"Oh, well I was gonna ask if you wanted to come over for a little while. My mom and dad are out for a work dinner so I'm kinda bored. But Sawyers over so-"
"No no. I can kick him out. I'll be over in a little." I said hanging up the phone before she could get another word in. I walked back into my room and finished the game before letting Sawyer in on the recent change of plans.

"You really are shitting me. Look I know you're finally in a good place with Sky and everything but remember that I was here first." For the first time, I think he was acting like a genuine person.

"I'm sorry. You're right, today is our day." I picked up my phone to text Skylar when he snatched it from my hands.

"I'm not saying anything like that, but if Skylar is gonna be like... a big part of your life now, I want in. I don't really know her, but I've grown to dislike her because of you. And now you like her so I'm in a bit of pickle." Sawyer said in his shitty British accent.

"So you wanna be friends." I raised an eyebrow and smirked. His lazy ass sat on my beanbag and shrugged.

"Well I mean, if that's what you want." He tried to say innocently. As if he wasn't trying to declare that already.

"Hmm. Alright then, get up let's go see her," I pulled the controller out of his hand along with my phone. "since you honestly can't play for shit."

"Hey! Bet sit down, I'll beat your cheating ass."

I tightened my hand in a fist. "Sawyer. Give up."
He threw his hands above his head.

"I give up!" He sighed heavily and walked out of my room. I laughed a little under my breath, knowing damn well I cheated.

We walked over to Skylars house and I forced him to knock on the door. "The fuck am I doing this for? She's your girlfriend not mine."

"First step to a new friendship! Making the first move."

"By knocking on the door?" He said unamused. I just shooed him forward and he rang the doorbell instead to spite me. A patter of footsteps came to the door and unlocked it, two beaming faces on the other side.

"Oh, Georgia I didn't know you were here." Sawyer said getting flustered from the two set of eyes stuck on him. Skylars eyes diverted toward my direction with a confused look. I mouthed an 'I'll explain later' at her and she just shook her head, pulling Sawyer inside.