Chapter 13: Day 3

Thalia's PoV

We made our way through the night, following a big black dog. Mrs O'Leary seemed happy jumping around, her tongue sticking out, so I had to avoid a few saliva salves.

Suddenly she stopped, sniffed the air and seemed to hear something. Then she began to growl loudly towards an alley and got into a ready-to-kill position. I was a bit confused, but took my bow out nevertheless. For a moment I couldn't see anything.

"Who is there? Come on out!" Artemis shouted, her bow at the ready. Nothing. But then there came a figure walking towards us, with his hands raised in defeat.

"Don't worry we aren't enemies..." Out came a grinning Mark behind him Alex and ... Annabeth. I had to concentrate to not shoot accidentally... They were all in battle armor. I heard Artemis growl behind me.

"What are you doing here?" She asked through gritted teeth. Mark smirked and answered mockingly.

"Following a lead." So they were following us after all...

Artemis growled again. Then Mark turned his eyes towards Mrs O'Leary, who was still in the same position, glaring at him.

"You got a nice monster there..." The hellhound growled. "...shall I kill it for you?" He still had a cocky grin on. Then I jumped in between them.

"Don't you lay a finger on her!" Both Alex and Mark had the same cocky grin plastered on their face now. Annabeth stood there seemingly unsure of what to do.

"Leave! Now!" I shouted at them. Mark raised his hands again in a mocking way.

"We are here to help, you know. If we work together-"

"We won't work with you so leave!" Artemis interrupted him. She seemed extremely agitated by his presence. Her eyes held pure hatred towards this man. Understandable.

Mark was a bit stunned but found his smile again.

"Okay we will leave for now..." They turned to leave, but Mark looked back. " A friendly advise. I would watch out for your puppy there." He gestured towards Mrs O'Leary. " We wouldn't want something to happen to it, would we." His eyes flashed in dark green for a moment. Then he left.

Artemis waited a moment then spoke up. "We have to be fast now. We will split up for now. Thalia, Phoebe, Kate, Liz you come with Mrs O'Leary and me. The rest of you hold of these heroes. It doesn't matter how... Let's go!"

I jumped on Mrs'O'Leary, the others looking questioningly at me. I grinned at them.

"I think that is faster." Hesitantly each of them got up too and then the big hellhound began running with her tongue still sticking out. It was quite the ride and we got a few looks from the Mortals. I guess we either were riding a big dog or were flying through the night, because Mrs O'Leary was just as black as the night.

We finally stopped in front of an old looking church. It looked creepy from the outside, but inside it looked even creepier.

When we opened the door it creaked eerily. I saw a long way between benches leading towards the altar. Above it was a crucifix and a mosaic window. The moon shone lightly through, barely lighting the hall. On the sides were pillars rounding the whole picture up.

Mrs O'Leary didn't wait long before she made her way towards the crucifix. Suddenly the whole building shook making us fall. The dust fluttered down from the halls.

"What the hell? Oh ... sorry, I guess?" I stood up freeing my clothes from dust. Mrs O'Leary didn't really take notice of the little earthquake and now stood before the altar. I walked up to her and searched for the delta finding it at the bottom of the crucifix.