Chapter 34: Colosseum of Tartarus

Diana's PoV

"What have you done with her!?"

The flames in the great Hall flickered dangerously as an unnatural wind blew through, as Artemis slowly emitted a golden glow.

"Why, I gave her a choice. That is what you beings desire isn't it? Choice, freedom?"

The smile that twisted upon Nyx's face was slightly unnerving. Her whole being was unnerving. From the moment I met her I knew I, a Goddess of Olympus, was but an ant to this women. My younger self however seemed oblivious to this through her rage. If the elder before us wished for us to die she wouldn't bother something like this.

"Where is she!"

In the blink of an eye Artemis had already drawn her sword, taking a chance to rush at the women. I myself was about to stop her from this foolishness, but I didn't have the chance for in a split second Perseus appeared in front of her.

"Forgive her, she doesn't know who she speaks to Lady Nyx."

Perseus bowed slightly.

My younger self was effectively shut up,staring wide eyed ahead realizing just how close to death she was as she saw a sharpened shadow spear just an inch from penetrating her eye held back by Perseus hand. A second later it dispersed as Nyx gave a smile.

"Very well Perseus, I shall be gracious. And to answer your question Daughter of Zeus, I send her to an old friend of hers."

"So what choice did you speak of, Lady Nyx?" My younger self said through gritted teeth, frustrated with her powerlessness.

"She can either fight and live, or she will die in fear. Now shall we?"

With that Nyx glided elegantly ahead not looking back to see if we followed. The young Goddess of the Moon however wanted to speak up in protest but was stopped as Perseus looked back at her.

"Don't worry my Lady. Believe in your Huntress. She may not always seem like it but Zoë is strong. She will overcome whatever challenge she has been given."

Perseus gave her, technically me, a smile and for a moment her eyes widened in surprise before the usual stoic expression settled back in as she pushed past him. If you listened real hard you even could have imagined a quiet thank you.

As Nico and Thalia followed the fuming Goddess I took my place next to Perseus.

"She is fiercely protective and loyal." He smiled obviously talking to me while still looking after her.

"And a hothead. I love that about her."

I raised an eyebrow at that.

"You seem to forget that it's me your talking about, Hero."

"Who said I forgot?"

With that he walked ahead leaving me to my thoughts. I should have been slightly insulted at the hothead slight, but the only thing I could think about was I like her . Something so trivial so insignificant actually made me glow inside.

"I like you too, idiot."

Zoë's PoV

"Hello Zoë."

As the voice carried through the darkness I could feel the fear I have suppressed for so long slowly rising again. He had finally come for me after all those years...

It can't be...

"What is it daughter? Won't you greet your father?"

I held my sword shakily as the imposing figure of Atlas, my father stood before me. His body was shadowed the only thing I could make out were his menacing eyes and the grin etching over his face.