Chapter 5: Inconvenience

Sure enough, their vacation was ruined. No cell phones, laptops, nothing of that sort. Their mother dedicated her time to grooming them for marriage with the most awkward lessons. 

"Here's your great great great great grandmother's book on dominance. 'How To Control Your Alpha' and 'Being The Clan Leader's Leader'. I expect you three to absorb this into your skull before your return."

Jiang Cheng plastered the books to his chest to make his mother proud but Wei Ying lived his days thinking of how to burn them. But after painfully waiting for hours to turn days and days into months, lectures finally resumed and they went back to having a little freedom.

Or so they thought...

As early as six-thirty in the morning, the doorbell went off. There were few servants at the mansion since their parents were back in Yunmeng so it took some time for the noise to reach them. Jiang Cheng woke up after the maid took her chance going into his room. 

"It's the young masters of Gusu Lan. They are waiting outside."

"What?" Jiang Cheng picked himself up and plastered his face at the window. Indeed there were three limos parked in the compound. Wanyin run out to alert the others, dragging Wei Ying to the shower when he refused to wake up. Yanli got into something appropriate, but her brothers had no problem going downstairs in their pyjamas. 

"What do you want?" Wei Ying marched onto the lawn with a frown. Lan Xichen stepped ahead of Wangji to address them, "Morning Master Wei. From now on, Wangji and I will share a ride with you to the University."

"Pffft!" Wei Ying shook his head, amused by what Xichen had just said. " You're joking right?"

Xichen, "It is our parent's wish that we get to know each other. And that starts with taking the Jiang siblings to and from campus."

"That's absurd, our parents would never agree to that!" Jiang Cheng barked from behind.

"Then perhaps you should speak to them," Lan Xichen took out his cell phone and made a phone call. 

"How do they have mother's number?" the siblings whispered to each other in doubt. And when Xichen beckoned for one of them to answer the call it was Yanli that went ahead. After the brief talk, she handed the phone back to the jade and nodded at her brothers with a wistful grin. Wei Ying had to dig deep to stop himself from cursing out loud. 

"Fine!" The siblings stormed back inside to get ready. 

"So, I guess we're taking the third limo then," Jiang Cheng was already making his way to the vehicle before Xichen stopped him. "Actually, the third limo is for Lady Yanli."

Jiang Cheng, "Then where are we supposed to sit?"

Xichen, "You'll be with me Jiang Cheng, and Wei Ying with Lan Wangji."

"Over my dead body will I sit in the same space with that lump of coal!" Wei Ying growled.

A Few Moments Later...

Lan Wangji lifted his eyes at the omega in the other seat. Wei Ying kept his gaze on the road the entire time, wearing a pout that won't go away. One can only imagine the kind of mood he was in about being forced to sit in the same space, alone with Wangji for a twenty minutes drive. 

As they entered the university grounds the couples were in for more drama. 

"What the FUCK!" Jiang Cheng yelled as the car came to a stop. Xichen overlooked the vulgar language, calming himself when Jiang Cheng yelled again. "You called the press here?!"