Chapter 12: Motivation.

"Ah, here comes my chauffeur," Wei Ying skipped to the car outside. 

"Can you not be excited about those parasites ruining our lives?" Jiang Cheng inclined his bag over a shoulder, unhappy about hitching a ride with his future half. 

"It's the last day before the competition starts, you should be excited, not grumpy."

"I should be resting like everybody else, but here I am, following you to the school grounds for practice."

"And unfinished assignments. Better sharp than lazy," Wei Ying did not let the pessimistic one stop him. 

Lan Wangji had to watch it when Wei Ying crammed himself at the back as if the car lacked space. 

"Move."

"Why, I like it here. I hardly slept last night so let me be," the wild one decided that Lan Wangji's lap was the perfect pillow for his head.

"Wei Ying."

"Before you complain, my dearest Zhan let's not forget what your mother said about being nice to me."

Lan Wangji gave up. He found an appropriate place for his hands and kept quiet. It was surprising how fast Wei Ying fell asleep, but the bizarre part came from him forgetting he was not in his bed. Lan Wangji prayed for his purity when the omega turned in the limited space. He reached for the wild one's chin, tipping it away from his zipper whenever the car went over a rump. 

 Wangji did not appreciate his genitals getting squashed. After the second bump, the jade propped up a leg to elevate the omega's head. He losses focus staring at Wei Ying who was living a peaceful morning on his lap. 

Wangji began to imagine this being his forever life; waking next to a loud and annoying parrot every morning. Well, at least his mornings won't be so bad, given that Wei Ying was a heavy sleeper. 

Wangji found another activity to while away time and he got absorbed in it. Wei Ying was an excellent specimen, he didn't require anaesthesia to pinch and pull those cheeks.

 'I might have to put a tracker on you when we get married,' Lan Wangji thought to himself. The union had not begun yet he was already stressed. 

It took longer to wake Wei Ying up once they were on campus. The look on Jiang Cheng and Yanli's faces when they found them in that position was contradictory. They dragged their sleepy brother out of the car, holding on to their opinions. 

"Don't forget, we meet at 1 PM," Wei Ying yelled out of the blue. 

'Was he faking it?' Lan was taken aback by how swiftly he regained his composure. His ears turned pink when he recalled playing with Wei Ying's hair and meddling with that bothersome face.

"Wangi, shall we?" Lan Xichen tapped him out of the daydream.

"Sure," Wangji curbed his mind and began his day.

**

At 1 PM Lan Wangji made his way to the pool. His coach and biggest fan was early. Wei Ying was not alone today, which caught Lan Wangji off guard. "You're gonna perform in front of thousands, I have to prepare you for the limelight," Wei Ying handed him his goggles and a cap for his head.

In the past week, Lan Wangji was pushed around and stalked by this omega. Wei Ying monitored what he ate, drank and any other activity beyond his knowledge. "You've not competed in years, so I have to get you in shape," was the omega's excuse for pestering the jade. 

'I can't wait to get over with this,' Wangji had been counting the days. He positioned himself at the plank, trying to tune out the whispers echoing towards him.