Chapter 14: I Miss You

That night...

"You have got to be kidding me. They are here!" Jiang Cheng sounded the alarm when Lan Wangji parked in the driveway. Like a cat, he leapt ahead of the others to get downstairs so he could open the door and punch an alpha in the face.

"How dare you harass my brother in public." He flew with his fist like Superman, reaching for the sky. It would have landed in Lan Wangji's face had Huisang not caught him by the waist. "Let me go! I want to grate his freaken face on this road! Lan Wangji does not leave here alive!" Jiang Cheng was like an animal.

Wei Ying was beside Lan Wangji. He took his hands out of his pockets, walked to his nagging brother and hugged him. "You should have been the elder, Wanyin. Thank you." Wei Ying leaned on him for some pampering.

Jiang Cheng's hot head whizzed out. He glanced at the head snuggled on his shoulder and then stared at the Jade. "This is not over Lan Wangji." He stuck his fingers out to tell his enemy to always watch their back.

"Lan Wangji." Yanli did not follow her family inside right away. "I will talk to Wei Ying." She assured the jade.

"There is no need for that, lady Jiang. I already did." Wangji said.

When Yanli went inside, Wei Ying was crowded by the boys. They saw the video on the internet. They saw how Lan Wangji forced a kiss on him in front of everyone.

"He bit me." Wei Ying disclosed. That was enough to make Jiang Cheng switch to his super-Sayan mode. "It's okay, I'm not angry anymore." Wei Ying clarified. He looked worn out and serious as he lay on the bed; hands on his chest, eyes peering lonesomely at the ceiling, head in the clouds.

Earlier when they left the eatery, Lan Wangji took Wei Ying to his apartment, where they would not be disturbed. Wangji locked the doors and pulled a seat in front of him.

It was obvious there was a lot to be said. Wangji only needed help starting the conversation.

"I did not discuss you with the students." Wei Ying jumped the gun.

"That doesn't matter anymore," Lan Wangji said.

"It does, Lan Wangji. We're here because you think I went around spilling tea about you."

"No, we're here because you were flirting with another alpha in public. I can take anything but that." Lan Wangji lifted a warning finger.

"Pfft! What are you gonna do, beat me up for moving on?" Wei Ying did not mind getting on his nerves. Maybe that would tend to this deep wound inside him.

"I am not a beast."

"Says the man who fought me months ago." Wei Ying retorted.

Lan Wangji swooshed his chair close, sandwiching Wei Ying's legs between his knees. "Wei Ying, can we stop fighting?" Lan Wangji chose to be submissive. "I can never win against you, I see that now... If I accept my fault and ask for forgiveness, will you stop pushing me away?"

"And why would you do that?" Wei Ying stayed sour to him.

"Because I miss you...I miss you, Wei Ying." That baritone voice and those puss-in-boots eyes just about took Wei Ying out. Of course, the only way Wangji could win was by losing. He pursed his lips stubbornly, refusing to be rizzed by Lan Wangji. Wangji looked away a bit, focussing on Wei Ying's fingernails till their hands were interlocked. Deep down, he wondered if Wei Ying could feel it too; this unbeatable attraction and need to take care of the other.

Wei Ying was voiceless. Next thing he knew, those metallic lips were gauging on him. And when they suddenly paused he gasped softly. "I will not do anything you don't want me to. But please say that you're mine alone," Wangji said.