Chapter 15: A Yu-tastrophe

Gusu.

It was Wen Qing's turn to get breakfast. She brought along six sandwiches and coffee. Wei Ying spewed out his beverage, wiping his tongue with his tissue. "You're terrible at getting food."

"It's extra dark coffee, just as you like it." Wen Qing was super chill about it."That would be for me." Jiang Cheng swapped his cup for Wei Ying's."Wen Qing, you got me a chicken sandwich instead of tuna." Huaisang was also dissatisfied with the service.

"So what? Eat it," said Wen Qing with a commanding front.

"Yes ma'am." Huaisang bowed his head."Here, you can have mine. I also asked for the tuna." Wen Ning sweetly offered to switch.

"It's rude to complain about something done out of goodwill," said Wen Qing.

"We all get the food on different days so don't mess up the orders. Take responsibility and quit talking like Lan Wangji. Enough with the excuses." Wei Ying lashed out. He had been sour for days and extra temperamental that morning.

"Wow," Huaisang turned away, sipping slowly on his beverage as Wen Qing stared at the wild one in disbelief.

The others thought she had chosen to let it slide until she opened her mouth. "Wei Wuxian, are you on your period?"

"What?" Wei Ying gaped.

"Who do you think you are, spewing crap because I made a mistake with your food." Wen Qing kicked him on the foot.

"Aaish! It's not one time. You do it all the time!" Wei Ying retaliated with a fist, but Qing caught it.

"Why the hell are you on my case?" Wen Qing said.

Yanli: "A'Qing, A'Xian, it is not a big deal. I'll get lunch today so..."

Wei Ying: "No, Jie, Qing has to stop falling short whenever it's her turn to do something for the group. She's not just here to sit and look pretty while we slave away."

"Excuse me?" Wen Qing was flabbergasted. Wei Ying never holds up their arguments this long.

"If you're gonna do something, you do it right," Wei Ying said, fuming.

"If it bothers you, eat with Lan Wangji and stop whining."

"Maybe I will!" Wei Ying sprung up.

"Great, chew on elephant grass with your boyfriend and stop being a pregnant brat." Wen Qing lost a few screws herself. It was rare to see such drama between them. Usually, Wei Ying lets the other win and shuts up like the rest.

"Huff!" Wei Ying hastily crossed the bench, nearly falling to the ground. His friends called out to him - which he ignored and marched off the cafeteria.

Yanli: "A'Xian has been like this since last week. I've never seen him this frustrated in a while."

Jiang Cheng: "I bet this is all Lan Wangji's fault. My brother won't talk about it and that's how I know."

Yanli: "Let's all try not to push his buttons. At least until we figure out what his deal is."

"I'm not going after him if that's what you want." Wen Qing said. She later changed her mind when Wei Ying drifted far away from Lan Wangji and Xichen's bench. What a pity she could not catch up and had to go back.

***********

"Wei Ying was riding his anger to the lecture hall when he crashed into the number one person on Wangji's forbidden list. It was more like the alpha caught the omega from slamming into him.