• 1: Snowstorm in The Peak of Vindagnyr •

Its just a usual day in Dragonspine, specifically, in Albedo's campsite. The three alchemists are at it again. But, no, only two, because Timaeus' absence was because he was ill.

Sucrose doing some experiments in her own corner, while Albedo's just watching at the back, with his sketch book. He has a very... interesting behavior when it comes to drawing. Everytime he drew humans---like something that ain't sceneries or animals or plants and stuff---his always favorite model is Sucrose. Sucrose, as his assistant wouldn't mind about it either.

She decided to threw in some potions, but accidentally took the wrong one, and instead of a successful experiment... BOOM! A huge explosion happened.

"Kyaa!!!" Sucrose screamed and got knockbacked due to the huge explosion. Her light body flew and landed to behind, where Albedo currently sits.

"Sucrose!" Albedo panics as Sucrose landed right on his lap. Sucrose suddenly got knocked out unconcious. The scent of the aftermath of the explosion is really bad, like something burning.

Albedo puts away his sketch book and put the poor girl down on the chair, with his sketch book as a soft pillow. Meanwhile, he cleared up the mess.

Dear Archons, what is this burning smell? Is the explosion really that bad? Albedo muttered to himself. Poor Sucrose... she might be injured really bad.

He decided to seek for Sucrose's bag, due to the fact she's always being the one who brought medkits. Frantically, he reached into the contents of the bag in a hurry. After he found some potions, he rushed back to Sucrose.

The cold breeze in Dragonspine is really bone-chilling. Albedo took of Sucrose's left glove, lift up her left sleeve a little, exposing a large wound of burns on her arm. His face paled instantly.

What kind of potion did she mixed...? Albedo thought to himself, as he pour a bit of the potion's contents and apply it softly with cotton. He's not really that good when it comes to bio-alchemy, but he will try his best to heal his unconcious assistant.

"O-ow..." Albedo faintly heard Sucrose's voice trying to fight the pain. Her body is freezing. The sheer cold.

"S-sorry, Sucrose, sorry if it hurts a little. The burns are too much. It will be too late to bring it to Barbara," Albedo murmured.

"I-I'm... sorry... I'm v-very... i-incompetent... Mr. Albedo...," Sucrose whispered in a very stutter tone.

"Don't worry, you're very strong. I think its due to the fact you overworked yourself, you're feeling really fragile now."

"S-sorry..."

Her half-opened amber eyes, slowly closed again. She fell asleep...

Albedo looked around. He decided to take off his coat and put it on her as a blanket to keep her warm. "Snowstorm. As long as we stay in this cave, we're fine."

"C-cold... so cold..." Half concious Sucrose grabs Albedo's hand, holding it tight.

"Don't worry," Albedo whispered. "Just stay with me and you will be fine."

That line makes half concious Sucrose being fully concious. Her face was heated and blushing red. She holds Albedo's hand, she uses his coat too, and under his protection. She felt more like a nuisance rather than a helpful assistant to Albedo.

"Once the snowstorm is over, we must go and seek Barbara in the cathedral," Albedo murmured. The cold breeze shivers his skin. But he's a homunculus, sheer cold of Dragonspine didn't affect him too much.

❅ꕥʚϊɞꕥ❅

The sound of birds chirping and dazzling sunlight wakes up Sucrose. The blue sky is now crystal clear, with the warmth of sunlight warms her almost iced skin.

Sucrose slowly got up, but her head accidentally bumped into something.

"M-Mr. Albedo?!" Sucrose gasped and surprised to see Albedo right next to her, but still fell asleep. She also looked down, how surprised she was, because her head fell asleep on the lap of her own mentor!

Sucrose's face turned so red as her eyes widened. She gazed at her mentor from head to toe, who doesn't seem to wear his coat. She just realied that the blanket she used to sleep is Albedo's coat.

Mr. Albedo is so... uhh... handsome when he's asleep..., she thought to herself. Sucrose! What the hell are you thinking about?! He's your mentor! Your friend too! You should've been more respectful than that.

Albedo's head suddenly leaned to Sucrose's left shoulder. Sucrose's surprised face went to blush. She covered her so red face with her hands. Her face is as red as a tomato. Her feline ears flapped up and down.

"S-sorry, Mr. Albedo...," Sucrose softly whispered, as she detached herself from the embarassing scene. She then covered Albedo's body with his coat.

She decided to open her left sleeve, because she felt something burning in there. How shocked she was when she opened her left sleeve, there was a burn exposed. But thankfully, the burn was healed and weakened. Sucrose sighed, relieved.

"S-Sucrose? You awake?" Behind her, Albedo was already woke up.

"Kyaa! Mr. Albedo! Don't scare me." Sucrose touched her chest in surprise.

"Sorry," Albedo replied, a bit embarassed because he remembered what happened last night. He scratched his back neck. "Oh yes, Sucrose. I need to tell you something. You got a bu---"

"Oh, do you wanna talk about this burn wound right here? Yeah, don't worry. I'm fine with it. I think this is just a karma for me for being such an overworked yet very incompetent alchemist. I'm not helping you as an assistant at all, rather I became a nuisance," Sucrose answered, sighed. She felt guilty because she keeps bothering Albedo rather than bothering herself for Albedo.

"No, you're not an overworked yet very incompetent alchemist. You're smart and a helpful asisstant. You're my friend. You're not a nuisance. The only nuisance is that you keep calling me by 'Mr. Albedo'. That's it." Albedo folded his arms.

"Sorry! I'm sorry, Mr---I MEAN Albedo!" Sucrose panicked and bowed at Albedo for a couple times. "I just... don't feel confident these days. Because lately my experiments always end in failure lately."

"You're still learning, Sucrose. Its fine to fail when you learn. And remember, learning needs an eternity of time, so you can keep on failing all the time, but you always need to learn your mistakes from that failure too." Albedo smiled a bit. "Oh yes, regarding of that burn wound, today we will go seek Barbara in the cathedral. The snowstorm is over."

"Yes, thank you, Albedo." Sucrose also smiled. Her pink lips covered, as her rosy cheeks glowed. Sucrose is always cute when she's smiling, and Albedo acknowledges that.

Damn it, Albedo muttered to himself, looking away. His ears suddenly feels warm.

"Mr-I mean Albedo, are you okay?" Sucrose asked, worried. "Your ears... are red."

"I-I'm fine. Let's go back to Monstadt, shall we?" Albedo out of a sudden decided to tidy up his books and took his bag. "Even if I healed your wound, the potion effect only lasts for temporary. We have to seek for Barbara immediately."

"Okay, Mr. Albedo!" Sucrose also decided to tidy up her equipment and carry her bag.

"Its Albedo."

"Ah, sorry, Albedo. Albedo. Albedo. I have to get used to this, sorry," Sucrose muttered his name for a lot of times.

"Its fine. But don't say my name over and over again. I'm a little embarassed you know."

❅ꕥʚϊɞꕥ❅