• 5: Staying Overnight •

"Here, how about this one?" Albedo came back with a two piece of clothing on his hand. Just a plain green t-shirt with red short pants. "Its a bit bigger because I'm much more taller than you, but this is much better than having to wear Klee's clothes."

"S-sure, thanks..." Sucrose received the two piece of clothing Albedo gave for her. "Where... should I change?"

"There's a bathroom over there. You can change there." Albedo pointed at a hallway. There's a wooden door. That must be the bathroom he meant. "Oh yes, if you need a towel, there's one inside."

Sucrose nodded and got up. She ran to the bathroom, panicking with her mini heart attack.

After she went inside, Sucrose closed the door, sighed. She looked at the two piece of clothing Albedo gave her. This... this is beyond unimagineable. Albedo is really kind, she murmured to herself. She suddenly sniffed the clothes she was holding. Why Albedo's clothes smells so good?!

A few minutes later, Sucrose finally came out from the bathroom, in Albedo's clothes.

"Woah! It actually fits!" Klee's eyes widened at the figure of Sucrose walking slowly towards her. Albedo's clothes do fits Sucrose, even though its a bit bigger than she expected to be.

"Well, our height is a bit similar, but still, the clothes are bigger than usual," Sucrose chuckled.

"That's a relief. Are you comfortable in them?" Albedo asked, he's worried if oversized clothes are not for Sucrose.

"Don't worry! In fact, it feels very comfortable in me---I-I mean, it feels casual for me, just like my other clothing," Sucrose answered awkwardly, she's obviously flustered by that question.

"But... Sucrose... how about your wet cardigan and nightgown? Due to the rain, we can't dry it outside." Klee touches Sucrose's wet nightgown on Sucrose's lap, its still soaking wet. It will never dry if it keeps in that position all the time. She then glanced at a fireplace. "WAIT! KLEE HAD AN IDEA!" She ran back upstairs.

Albedo, who knows what's gonna happen, chased Klee upstairs. "KLEE, NO. DON'T."

Sucrose just stared in confusion. Her face paled when Klee came back downstairs with a freakin' bomb, while Albedo keeps chasing her behind. She then remembered the time she got a burn wound from explosives.

"SUCROSE! STAY AWAY FROM THE FIREPLACE AT ALL COSTS!!!" Albedo shouted at Sucrose, a bit anxious if she got hit by explosive for the second time.

Without being shouted at, knowing Klee, Sucrose exactly knew what was gonna happen. She ran away quickly from the scene. And... BOOM! A huge explosion happened. Sucrose and Albedo covered both of their faces with their hands. Klee just threw one of her bombs to the fireplace, creating fire.

"Thanks to Klee's Pyro vision, Klee can explode things and it will make a fire afterwards, so Klee can dry out Sucrose's wet clothes near the fireplace, it will dry faster than the sun!" Klee chuckled, hands on hips.

Albedo just facepalmed in dissapointment for his sister. Sucrose's face basically speaks out 'being terrified'.

"Klee, can you minimize your obsession with bombs and explosives? You indirectly injured Sucrose with your gunpowder, you know?" Albedo scolded Klee.

"Wait... Klee hurts Sucrose?! Sucrose got hurt because of Klee?!" Klee anxiously ran to Sucrose, who's just kneeling not too far away from her. Klee hugs Sucrose, her face is full of regrets. "Klee's sorry..."

"N-no, Klee, its not your fault at all. I mistaken your gunpowder with another potion. That's how I created a huge explosion when I'm mixing potions 2 days ago," Sucrose smiled, as she hugged Klee back. It was a super heartwarming scene.

Klee finally got back up, feeling relieved that Sucrose is not mad at her at all. "Can... can Klee take Sucrose's clothes? Klee wants to dry it out near the fireplace."

"Oh, of course! Here." Sucrose gave Klee her wet clothes.

Klee brought out her clothing hanger, hanged Sucrose's clothes near the fireplace wall. "Ta-da~!"

"That's a smart move, Klee. I'm impressed," Albedo complimented, clapped proudly at her little sister. "So then, we need to stay here overnight because we need to keep an eye on the fireplace at anytime."

"Don't worry! Klee will get the bedrolls!" Klee ran back up, and came back a few minutes later, with two bedrolls on her two arms. One for Sucrose, one for Klee and Albedo!"

"Thank you, Klee!" Sucrose received her own bedroll, then rolled it out on the floor, near the fireplace.

The cold night with rain pouring outside makes the air a bit colder than usual. Making it cozy enough to tuck in the blanket of the bedroll. Both Albedo and Klee also rolled out their bedroll, putting it next to Sucrose's.

"This feels like camping! Especially with the fireplace! Klee loves it!" Klee grinned happily as she clapped her hands. "We just need one more thing... storytime!"

"Ah, perfect time! I brought a book that's just perfect for storytime---but sadly its a novel, there's no way I will read it whole for tonight. I'm gonna read the first chapter only, the first chapter is already good enough." Sucrose took her book, opened the first page. "Just so you know, the synopsis of the story is about a witch who fell in love with a prince. And in order to get the prince's love, she's trying to turn into a kind person."

"That's is so interesting! Read it out loud, please! Klee wants to hear!" Klee said with enthusiasm.

"A-alright, ahem..." Sucrose cleared her throat and fixed her glasses. "The Prince and The Witch, Chapter 1..."

❅ꕥʚϊɞꕥ❅

"The Unknown Witch dissapeared, as Prince Aidus trying to look for her through the woods, he wants to find the person who give out candies to the children of the village at night... and done." Sucrose closed the book. She glanced at Klee, Klee already fell asleep.

"She's been sleeping since earlier, but you're too focused on reading. But I still managed to listen," Albedo chuckled as he looked at his sleeping sister. "I didn't know you like to read romance novels."

Hearing the word "romance" makes Sucrose a bit red. "Y-yeah, I do love reading novels during freetime, usually before to sleep."

"By the way, Albedo, thank you for letting me stay in your house due to rain. Sorry if I keep bothering you like this." Sucrose's sitting with her knees up, refusing to look Albedo in the eyes. Both of them are really close.

"Sucrose, why are you looking away from me like that?" Albedo asked in confusion.

N-no, don't tell him I looked away because he looks hot as hell! Sucrose muttered to herself, her heart beats so fast, a myriad of times. Dear Archons, why do I feel nervous...?

"You actually look good in my clothes," Albedo complimented, with a warm smile. In reaction, Sucrose stared at his dazzling teal eyes. They never been this close, ever.

"T-this... this is very unusual, Albedo," Sucrose answered, very nervous.

"Your hands are so warm, are you okay? Not a fever, right?" Albedo suddenly touched her palm, feeling a bit worried.

"N-no, I'm fine! Feeling good!" Sucrose is trying to hide the fact that her face was fully heated, and so is her hands. "I-I will go to sleep now, its really late. Good night!"

"B-but Sucrose, I- nevermind. Good night."

Both of them then fell asleep, their backs are facing each other. With Klee as a barrier between them.

There's no way he liked you, he's just being nice, I'm just his nuisance assistant, Sucrose muttered to herself, she felt doubtful about Albedo's feelings for her. Her heart is accelerating. Is this what Mona meant from "being lovey dovey"? Ugh, that astrologist is probably right... but I never expected it to be with Albedo, though...

❅ꕥʚϊɞꕥ❅