• 7: Dragonspine Expedition Part 1•

The expedition was a few days later after the meeting with Jean. Jean told them to meet up in front of the Monstadt's Adventurer's Guild counter, the one next to Cat's Tail Tavern.

Sucrose packed up her bag filled with lots of equipments and potions---her best combat is throwing potions at enemies, she usually defeat hilichurls with those---and some clothes. She also brought her bedroll and tent backpack. Don't forget she also prepared enough food supplies. Exploring Dragonspine for her, Albedo, and Timaeus are like a walk in the park---because they basically "lived" there. Especially to both Albedo and Sucrose. Timaeus usually do his alchemy stuff more in Monstadt rather in Dragonspine.

Ah, don't forget medkits! Sucrose puts her medkits in, she still has trauma for the snowstorm incident a few days ago.

Knock! Knock! Knock! A knocking sound echoed in Sucrose's empty house. She then quickly ran downstairs to answer the door. Clack!

"Good morning, Sucrose." It was Albedo. His soft morning voice makes her somewhat happy. Next to Albedo, there were Aether and Paimon.

"Favonius squad, assemble!" Paimon shouted excitedly. "Paimon can't wait for another exciting adventure in Dragonspine."

"The sheer cold, the frostarm lawachurls, climbing stamina, everything about Dragonspine... is pain," Aether muttered.

"Well, now that all of us are here, we just need to go to the Adventurer's Guild counter to meet the people from Adventurer's Guild," Albedo muffled the noise everyone was making.

All 4 of them went to the Adventurer's Guild counter, meeting with 3 representatives from the Adventurer's Guild; Bennett and Fischl.

All 4 of them are greeted by Bennett, Fischl, and also Katheryne from the counter. She explained about the commision, where they need to go to 3 points in Dragonspine and clear out some hilichurl camps, and doing research from the traces of The Abyss. The expedition will end from around 2-4 days if done right.

"Ad astra abyssosque, Travelers! Be careful and good luck, The Abyss is something you need to keep an eye of your safety on. Goodbye, Travelers!" Katheryne said goodbye to all 6 of them. Its a pretty huge amount of people on expedition, to be honest.

All 6 of them then walked through many sceneries. Sometimes they will pass an adventurer's camp and rest in there. They finally arrived to Dragonspine 1 hour and a half later.

"That's quite... exhausting," Paimon sighed. "Paimon's legs are tired."

"Paimon, you're literally floating." Aether stared at Paimon's floating figure, facepalmed.

"Paimon's exhausted when floating too, you know?" Paimon folded her arms in annoyance.

"Even floating creatures like you have legs to be tired on? I need to do more research for you, Paimon!" Sucrose's face looks like Xiangling's drooling for food, but this time she's drooling for doing research on Paimon.

Paimon stared at Sucrose, absolutely terrified. "First is Xiangling, now Sucrose rooting for Paimon?!"

Aether, Albedo, Sucrose, Bennett, and Fischl chuckled---Fischl then quickly stops.

Albedo opened his map that was given by Katheryne. "1 point at Wyrmest Valley, 1 point at Snow Covered Path, and lastly, 1 point at Starglow Cavern."

"This adventure kind of reminds me when your twin almost killed us and turned into a whopperflower thing." Bennett observed Dragonspine around as he walked side by side with Albedo.

"Huh? Albedo had a twin...?" Sucrose asked in curiosity. She was obviously not there when there's a Cryo Albedo attacking Aether, Eula, Amber, and Bennett. Sucrose was with Timaeus, making potions and such (Shadow Amidst Snowstorm event for context).

"No, its nothing, really." Albedo stared at Bennett, suggesting him to shut up.

❅ꕥʚϊɞꕥ❅

All 6 of them are finally arrived in the area called "Snow Covered Path". The location was almost near the Frostbearing Tree. They walked to a certain point, as Sucrose stops the group.

"Did you guys... smell something?" Sucrose sniffed the area.

"Yes, I do smell something awful, like something burning," Oz replied.

"H-huh? Mine own dearest Ozvaldo von Hrafnavines couldn't smell a scent that an average mortal couldn't?! Beyond unimagineable!" Fischl protested, she's an "immortal" too, so she should've smell the scent too.

"But I'm not an immortal," Sucrose answered. "Maybe due to my animal like features, I may have a strong sense in smelling."

"Where do you think is the source of the smell?" Albedo questioned Sucrose.

Sucrose pointed at a corner, not too far away from their position. All 6 of them then approached towards the source of the smell. All of them are surprised, by the presence of 3 Abyss Mages, some hilichurls, 1 Anemo Samachurl, and 1 shielded mitachurl. Cryo, Hydro, and Electro Abyss Mages. All 6 of them decided to hide behind the bushes.

"Electro Abyss Mage! A new Abyss Mage variant I never tried researching before," Sucrose's eyes widened when she looked at an Electro Abyss Mage dancing around with the other two abyss mages, with their obviously high pitched annoying voice.

"They look dangerous. Not yet, Sucrose." Albedo covered Sucrose with his arm, he knows what she will do next. "If you guys are ready to strike them down, say ready."

"Ready!" Everyone shouted at the same time. Albedo stared at them and stay silent in a long pause. "Okay, strike them in 3, 2, 1!"

Bennett jumped first, creating Pyro from his sword, landed and gave knockback to the hilichurls. The 3 abyss mages got alerted, they were angry. Sucrose took out her Anemo potions, throwing them at the hilichurls, swirling and yeeting them.

Aether used his Geo powers to make a stone Geo construct, yeeting the 3 abyss mages. Albedo swung his sword, slashing the 3 abyss mages. Not too far away at the back, Fischl aimed a shot at a mitachurl's head, a shocking shot indeed. Oz targets the Anemo Samachurl.

But unfortunately, everything went down. The Cryo Abyss Mage threw an ice right at Fischl's head, stunning her to the ground. The Electro Abyss Mage suddenly electrocutes Sucrose.

"Sucrose! Fischl!" Albedo started to get anxious to his friends.

Aether switched his element to Anemo, creates a tornado, swirling the enemies from the utter anger. "WINDBLADEEE!!!!" He screams like that one anime demon slaying MC (if you know Aether's beta voice, you know).

Bennett screamed just like Aether. "Take cover!!!" He swung his sword, creating Pyro, burning down the abyss mages. "How dare you hurt my friends!"

20 minutes later, the fight's finally done. It was a bit tough, but at least the 3 abyss mages, hilichurls, and lawachurls are all down.

"Sucrose! Fischl!" Albedo anxiously ran to the two girls who are not too far away from him. "Are you two okay?!"

❅ꕥʚϊɞꕥ❅