• 11: Dragonspine Expedition Part 5 (Finale) •

A tough fight exploded in the middle of a campsite. Unfortunately, one of them is fatally injured. The injured person was taken away from the battle area, because it would've been risky if he was near the battle area. He was accompanied by his assistant, carefully healing him with potions, medkits, anything she got inside her bag.

Sucrose carefully opened his coat and unbuttoned his blue shirt. A fatal wound exposed in his right shoulder. She looks anxious everytime she saw blood. But now, she needs to focus on healing him, forgetting her fear with blood.

With the help of the potions and bandage, the wound is "succesfully" healed.

"Thank you...," Albedo whispered. He then moved his shoulder. It feels awkward to move, and it still hurts.

"Albedo, you need to stay here."

"Alone? S-sorry, you can go, thank you, again." Albedo awkwardly looked away in a blush.

"You're welcome." She smiled as she got up. "Get well soon." She ran and came back to the campsite.

❅ꕥʚϊɞꕥ❅

A long fight between a large cryo whopperflower and 6 people finally has come to an end. It was a tough fight.

"This is... this is the hardest commision that I've ever gotten, ever," Bennett sighed in relief, and then he fell, laid down on a thick snow. He is so tired.

Unfortunately, the remnants of the defeated cryo whopperflower transformed back into "Albedo". But thank god, he looks weakened.

"I will... always come back..." He said that as he vanished into dust.

"I can't believe a huge cryo whopperflower is disguising as a human that easily," Sucrose commented. She fell down, with a sigh of relief.

"Its because he's not a human either," Aether suddenly answered.

"What do you mean?" Sucrose looks at Aether, curious.

"N-never mind." Aether then looked away when he saw a figure of Albedo hardly walking. Aether got up and helped him.

"Are you sure you're fine?" Paimon asked, very worried.

"I hope so. Thanks to Sucrose, the wound is not really that bad. It would heal faster." Albedo then sat on a stone, near Sucrose.

Sucrose looked at her mentor. She feels appericated and happy to see Albedo was happy to be healed.

"Looking at our condition, are you guys sure we're gonna go to the next point? This is our last point tho, but looking at Albedo---is it still a good idea?" Eula observed the current condition of the group. She's tired from that tough fight, but she only got a single scratch from the fight. Same goes to Kaeya. Both of them are good fighters.

"Don't worry, I think we could still can. If you guys are too tired for another walk, you guys can stay still in the camp," Aether suggested. It was a good idea. The whole group nodded in agreement.

Sucrose is needed to explode the last crystal marrow, so she couldn't accompany Albedo. Bennett decided to accompany Albedo. He fell asleep inside the tent while Bennett is waiting outside, observing the campsite to see if there are any unwanted beings around.

The group then walked to Wyrmest Valley, to the next point. Its not too far from the camp.

"Over there! The crystal marrow!" Sucrose looks at the map, then pointed at a shiny crystal marrow not too far from them. "Don't worry, I got this." She opened her bag, threw an explosive potion at the crystal marrow. BOOM!

"This is weird. There are no monsters around." Eula looked around, feeling suspicious and confused.

"I guess we're just lucky. Let's just get out of here quickly," Amber suggested. The group then walked back to the campsite.

Arrived at the campsite, the group tidied the mess aftermath of the fight, tidied their tents, decided to leave Dragonspine fast. Albedo needs to be healed by Barbara for the wound to be fully healed in the Favonius Cathedral.

The walk from Dragonspine back to Monstadt is pretty tough. Albedo can hardly walk, sometimes he needs help from Aether and Sucrose at certain times.

❅ꕥʚϊɞꕥ❅

A few hours later, still nighttime, they're finally back to Monstadt, coming back to their respective homes. Aether and Sucrose decided to help Albedo back to his home, because Barbara can't be found at the cathedral during that time. She fell asleep and its pretty late.

Suddenly, Klee answered the door from Albedo's house. "Honorary Knight! Sucrose! What's wrong with Albedo?! Is he hurt?!" Klee anxiously looked at his brother, obviously worried.

"Don't worry, Klee. He's just a little sick. Can you sent us to his room?" Sucrose asked. Klee nodded, leading them to his room.

Aether and Sucrose helped Albedo laid down on his bed, while Klee and Paimon watched from the back.

"Thank you Aether, Sucrose, thank you so much," Albedo whispered. "Sorry if I'm just being a nuisance to you guys."

"Its fine, really!" Sucrose smiled, she understands what Albedo felt currently. Its as if they switched places.

Realizing that he's being a thirdwheel, Aether got up, saying goodbye. He then told Klee and Paimon to stop peeking into Albedo's room.

"H-hey! Aether!" Sucrose shouted, but its too late. Aether already closed the door. Now its only her and Albedo alone, in a dark bedroom.

Both of them then stared at each other awkwardly.

"Thanks for healing me a few hours ago, I feel a bit better by time to time." Albedo touched his right shoulder. He smiled. Genuinely.

Seeing Albedo's smile makes Sucrose's heart flutter a bit. She also smiled. "I never knew you can genuinely smile like that, Albedo."

"Ah, did I just smile? Sorry, sorry if it bothers you..." Albedo touched his chin, trying to stop himself from smiling.

"No! Its alright! I-I mean, you look good when you smile... so don't stop smiling for me... I mean... sorry, forget what I said..." Sucrose covered her face that is so red.

"You look so funny, Sucrose," Albedo chuckled. "Your name literally means sugar. I find it funny, sorry. But you do act like one."

Sucrose didn't realize Albedo accidentally "flirted" her. She just smiled innocently. "Haha, its alright. Some people really can't take my name seriously either."

"N-no, I mean, I really like your name because it fits you. Sweet as sugar."

Suddenly a heat filled Sucrose's face. "W-what do you mean?!" Is it what she's been thinking about? A confession?

"I-I really like you, Sucrose. I do find relationships tiring, but, these days, I've been contradicting myself a lot."

Sucrose's heartbeat is as fast as an electro seelie. She felt nervous. She never received any confessions before. She usually only read about it in novels she read. She then smiled, and suddenly tears flowing through her face.

"Sucrose! You're crying?!"