Chapter Six, A Painful Reminder

-Rokuro-

It wasn't long before school ended that Rokuro was walking down the street towards the Nakano's apartment, he had gotten Yotsuba's phone number before he had left and she had texted him their address so he wouldn't forget. He got an idea and sprinted down the street, zipping through the city as fast as he could to their apartment. As he arrived we went inside and dashed up into the house, getting in and sitting down on a chair, panting heavily.

"Whew...it's been a while since i've exercised that much.." He wheezed, gasping for air. He sat there for a minute before he suddenly heard the ding of the door opening and looked over as the girls walked in.

"Should we wait for-" Yotsuba paused midway through her sentence as she saw Rokuro, he smiled and waved at her before pulling out his phone to look at it. Out of the corner of his eye he saw the rest of the girls file in and look at him.

"How did you get here so fast?" Itsuki asked in bewilderment as she walked in.

"I ran." He said simply, all except Miku and Nino stared at him dumbfounded.

"You ran here!? You're faster than I am!" Yotsuba said with a sparkle in her eyes. Rokuro smiled and stood up before stretching, as he got up he noticed Ichika staring at him intently and blushed, looking away quickly.

"A-anyways...where to sleep.. I guess here's good." He said as he walked over to a spot in the corner of the living room.

"Oh yea I forgot you were sleeping here, you can sleep on the balcony for all I care." Nino said nonchalantly as she walked upstairs.

"Will do." He said, calling her bluff and walking out to the balcony and sitting down. He waited a moment and sure enough the door opened and Nino popped her head out.

"I was kidding you, jerk! Get inside, I don't wanna be the reason you get sick and die." She said before going back inside, Rokuro had a retort he was going to say but kept it to himself, heading inside. As he did the scent of good food practically smacked him in the face, he watched Nino head into the kitchen and surmised that it was her doing before sitting down.

"Rokuro-san, you okay? You seem kinda distant." Yotsuba asked as she came to sit down next to him, he smiled a bit and shook his head.

"No I'm fine, I just feel awkward knowing I have to sleep here." He said.

"Oh yes speaking of, for now you're going to sleep in Yotsuba's bed, she'll be sleeping with Miku." Itsuki chimed in from behind him.

"Huh? Is that necessary? I can just sleep out here." Rokuro tried to reason but Itsuki stared at him hard, making him reconsider saying anything. He blinked twice and reached up and poked her in the forehead, making her pout.

"What was that for.." She said with a whiny voice.

"Don't mom glare at me! Geez.." He said as he crossed his arms.

"A mom glare?" Yotsuba asked.

"You know, the kinda look your mom gives you when you're doing something wrong, the look that says 'stop it right now.' Ya know?" He explained, the room suddenly went silent and he looked around to see all the girls looking down sadly, even Miku looked dejected. He realized that he stepped on a parental nerve, their father had been at the school, but not their mother.

"Your guys' mom is gone too?" He asked Itsuki, she nodded slowly then her eyes widened a bit.

"'Too?' Your mom is also gone?" She questioned, Rokuro smiled sadly and looked down.

"Gone before I got a chance to say goodbye at that.." He mumbled, he suddenly felt awkward about the feeling in the room and jumped up with false energy.